ADVERTISEMENT

New CUSA Basketball Tournament Site

Not surprising. EP/LC won’t be holding many pre-determined CUSA championships or any probably. Makes sense to have a “central location”.

I checked the replies and see a lot of complaints about it being in Huntsville, AL. I mean the tournament was in Dallas for at least 4 years and very few went. Though, this has a chance to be really bad.

It’s 2 hours from JSU. If they’re really bad and UTEP/NMSU is really good, might not be a lot of fans there. I can’t imagine too many UTEP fans attending even if the team was good.

While I'm not excited about the fact that the CUSA Tournament is moving to Huntsville, AL, as it is a long way from El Paso, to be fair, Huntsville is a nice city. It has a highly educated population thanks to the presence of NASA and the Army's Redstone Arsenal, not what you'd typically expect when you think of AL. If anyone does decide to go the the Tournament, the US Space and Rocket Center is a great way to spend a day.

I hate this. If we were putting up a respectable product, we would have been filling up the Star but since we've been so bad, nobody showed up for our one night a year in Dallas. It really is sad how far we've fallen.

I hate this. If we were putting up a respectable product, we would have been filling up the Star but since we've been so bad, nobody showed up for our one night a year in Dallas. It really is sad how far we've fallen.
Do we even know if Wilson and Senter have been actively and vigorously engaging The MWC for membership? Do we even know if they care. They may be content with the status quo.

Do we even know if Wilson and Senter have been actively and vigorously engaging The MWC for membership? Do we even know if they care. They may be content with the status quo.
When the mass exodus occurred in CUSA back in 2021, supposedly utep contacted the MWC and got denied.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Good thing there's a Buc-ee's within spitting distance of the arena.
so-i-got-that-goin-for-me-which-is-kinda-nice.jpg

CUSA's new Conference tourney digs.
HQGGQITZFNG2VIYWU46AYNCD4U.jpg

Propst Arena is equipped to accommodate major concerts, trade and consumer shows, family show, as well as a full range of indoor sporting events, including basketball, ice hockey, football and rodeos.​

The Arena floor measures 110’ x 212’ and has a 400 pound per square foot load capacity. The Propst Arena also features two high definition LED video boards measuring 22’ by 12’ each along with two LED fascia boards measuring 4’ by 99’, concourse monitors and pan, tilt and zoom cameras. The state-of-the-art digital sound system is a delayed distributed array plus hub subs and distribution to concourse, lobby, bar, dressing and green rooms.

The VBC has an in-house Exhibitor Services Department for all exhibitor needs and an exclusive in-house Catering Department for food and beverage functions.

HOME TO THE SPHL HUNTSVILLE HAVOC HOCKEY!​

Havoc Logo Squared
HUNTSVILLE HAVOC

This is very sad times at UTEP. I get the feeling that they don’t care.
Joining a conference isn’t like begging for a job or a date with someone out of your league. The MWC isn’t going to accept the Miners out of pity. UTEP could have won the Cotton Bowl and made the Sweet 16 last year. Until the MWC TV partners dictate they’re willing to increase the MWC’s TV money by more per team or at the minimum, the same with UTEP, they’re not going to.

Senter and Wilson can call them everyday and sweet talk them all they want, it doesn’t make a shit bit of difference.

If you want the Miners in the MWC, you’re hoping for the Pac 12 to take SDSU and others. Asking about Senter calling the MWC is insignificant.

Good for Huntsville for having the vision to invest in Facilities, make improvements, and hosting events.

Meanwhile local taxes keep going up and we have get to have the Big El Paso Fair.
I’m all for dogging on El Paso and UTEP for not being proactive and stuff, but this ain’t it. We could have a sweet downtown arena and offer things, but it’s in CUSA’s best interest to have a tournament “closer” to 7/8 of its 9/10 members than it is to 2 of them.

The way that UTEP/NMSU fans are dogging on Huntsville is precisely what the others would be doing if the tournament was in El Paso.

I’m all for dogging on El Paso and UTEP for not being proactive and stuff, but this ain’t it. We could have a sweet downtown arena and offer things, but it’s in CUSA’s best interest to have a tournament “closer” to 7/8 of its 9/10 members than it is to 2 of them.

The way that UTEP/NMSU fans are dogging on Huntsville is precisely what the others would be doing if the tournament was in El Paso.
That’s why Frisco worked, centrally located. Now it’s not.

Why not Atlanta or Miami?

Isnt Huntsville famous for its prison?

Oops I just googled and its Huntsville , TX, that is famous for its prison. That actually would've been cool if they played in a prison. You know for sure they wouldn't have a problem with attendance.

Joining a conference isn’t like begging for a job or a date with someone out of your league. The MWC isn’t going to accept the Miners out of pity. UTEP could have won the Cotton Bowl and made the Sweet 16 last year. Until the MWC TV partners dictate they’re willing to increase the MWC’s TV money by more per team or at the minimum, the same with UTEP, they’re not going to.

Senter and Wilson can call them everyday and sweet talk them all they want, it doesn’t make a shit bit of difference.

If you want the Miners in the MWC, you’re hoping for the Pac 12 to take SDSU and others. Asking about Senter calling the MWC is insignificant.
Unfortunately it'll take the MWC losing 4-5 teams before they consider adding more... even then, utep will be lucky if they get an invite.

This could be our only chance in hell.
I think the cards are gonna finally fall our way. I see the MWC losing enough members to be desperate enough to add us. Without doing anything we’re gonna get a lucky ticket out of Crap USA and into the Mountain West Crap. It will be a little better conference than we’re in but shittier than the WAC we left in 04. But hey at least it would be a “western based regional” conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT