ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boxing

JCorona

MI Miner Maniac
Jun 15, 2014
Who y’all got? Feels like a big time fight. Hard to pick a winner. I’ll go with a Davis decision.

I’m rooting for garcia but think tank is the better boxer and will end up winning

Davis was a decent sized favorite in this fight at -230, Garcia was getting +190. The oddsmakers were saying Davis by KO -140 and right about Round 7. if you went round by round this round had the lowest odds, and the over/under for the fight was 8.5.

This fight went just as predicted. Garcia did not have the hand speed to keep up. Maybe at 140 he can rely on power, and less hand speed. But hats off to Garcia for making the fight, as all we see now are the best not fighting each other. He took a real chance.

In boxing you do not get the upsets as you do in MMA. There are a few that you can see the dog as being undervalued, and other factors being present. These are few and far between.

Reactions: utep2step
When MMA meets legit boxers. MMA, please stop. Accept your grandfathers legendary sport.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Spot on 2 Step. I had Joshua big by KO in under 3 rounds. Everyone kept telling me I was crazy.

You could tell right from the start when Ngangou went for every single feint Joshua threw that he was just waiting to throw that right hand.

Reactions: Lil_Train
No doubt that boxers in their prime will always beat the best MMA fighters. I understand these are different styles of fighting, but if you rely solely on punches, a boxer will have the advantage.

By the way, I’m not excited about Mike Tyson’s fight with Jake Paul. This is a very unfair fight between an almost 60 year old man against a man half his age. No doubt Tyson in his prime or even late 40s would have killed this clown. This clown hand picks fighters who are way too old. I laughed when Paul challenged Canelo to a fight knowing that Canelo would not consider fighting him now. Canelo would kill this guy in a few seconds.

Paul is a poor boxer. Wide feet, leans in with his chin, and has his hands low. Any good pure boxer will knock him out.

Tyson will most likely not train that hard, and I believe that video was from 4 years ago.

Unfortunately Paul will most likely win the fight back pedaling the whole time. He will be in much better condition than Tyson and will be able to run most of the fight. But what I would give to see Tyson lay him out.

Paul is a poor boxer. Wide feet, leans in with his chin, and has his hands low. Any good pure boxer will knock him out.

Tyson will most likely not train that hard, and I believe that video was from 4 years ago.

Unfortunately Paul will most likely win the fight back pedaling the whole time. He will be in much better condition than Tyson and will be able to run most of the fight. But what I would give to see Tyson lay him out.
Tyson's last fight with RJJ was a dud. Neither fighter had anything left. I think Paul either goes the distance or knocks Tyson out. Both will get paid which is the whole point. Still love the new Tyson, but it's just too bad he has to keep fighting for money.

Tyson's last fight with RJJ was a dud. Neither fighter had anything left. I think Paul either goes the distance or knocks Tyson out. Both will get paid which is the whole point. Still love the new Tyson, but it's just too bad he has to keep fighting for money.
Paul’s strategy will be to dance around and avoid getting knocked out by Tyson. Tyson is still the better skilled boxer with the punching power. Tyson has to connect in the early rounds and knock him out. Hopefully Tyson is able to do that and retire this fool. Unfortunately, that’s where age hurts Tyson because he won’t be effective if it goes the distance. Again, it’s a show designed to showcase a 🤡 against a fighter who is way past his prime and needs money.

Although I’m sure money is the reason he’s even fighting Paul, and it’d would be his biggest payday ever, I don’t believe he HAS to keep fighting for money. Between his podcast, appearances and his weed business, I think he’s doing alright now. But this is obviously a money grab being there is absolutely nothing Tyson can prove here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT