ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cincy District. 2nd shooting in 2 weeks

Stay away from that parking garage when late.
Maybe @UTEP and @SunMetro should upgrade the lighting not just the Glory Road garage, but the other garages as well. Especially the students that take night classes and pay alot $400.00 just to park there per year
Glory Road Transit Center
100 E. Glory Road
Public parking available for a fee:
$1 for the first hour
$1 for each additional hour
$15 max

Parking rates for special events depend on the time of day and type of event. Please be aware that monthly and annual passes will not allow entry for parking for evenings (after 6:00 PM) or weekends when a special event is scheduled.

Ticket machines are available at the entrance for self-pay (credit cards only, no cash).

To inquire about monthly or annual parking at the Glory Road Parking Garage, call 915-212-3333

No addressing the shooting or victims.

I still think it's hilarious that Cincinatti Street and its 3 or 4 bars is called an "entertainment district." You can walk past it all in about 20 seconds and not even notice it.

Killer,
Invest and you can call it what you want?

3,337 SF of Retail Space Available in El Paso, TX

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/212-230-Cincinnati-Ave-El-Paso-TX/28075740/

"Road Kill District"?

"Car-B-Que District"? (Tip of the hat to "Lowell" from "Wings")

Laughable. One more restaurant/bar is not going to suddenly give the "entertainment district" title any credibility. San Antonio's riverwalk and Austin's 6th Street are "entertainment districts." Cincinnati Avenue in El Paso is just a street with a few bars spread over a block. Convince me otherwise.

G2, Ardovino’s, and Crave do a great job.

As for bars, Palomino is ok.

The rest of the trash needs to be thrown out.

Reactions: axingfools1
Laughable….."entertainment districts."
Along the I-10 corridor on the east side there are “gentleman’s clubs” within a few short miles of each, with bars a plenty smattered in between on the Eastside. (You can look on google maps). Jon Taffer would love it here.

Laughable. One more restaurant/bar is not going to suddenly give the "entertainment district" title any credibility. San Antonio's riverwalk and Austin's 6th Street are "entertainment districts." Cincinnati Avenue in El Paso is just a street with a few bars spread over a block. Convince me otherwise.
I’m not going to convince you, but El Paso is a lesser city than Austin and San Antonio. So it’s conceivable that its “entertainment district” would also be lesser than.

I don’t think anyone associated with the district is claiming that it is better than or comparable to an entertainment district in Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Los Angeles, or anywhere else.

There are many parks that are extremely small and are considered parks, even though they are smaller than Memorial or Album park. This is no different.

Along the I-10 corridor on the east side there are “gentleman’s clubs” within a few short miles of each, with bars a plenty smattered in between on the Eastside. (You can look on google maps). Jon Taffer would love it here.
Cincy District has single family homes a block away.

I’m not going to convince you, but El Paso is a lesser city than Austin and San Antonio. So it’s conceivable that its “entertainment district” would also be lesser than.

I don’t think anyone associated with the district is claiming that it is better than or comparable to an entertainment district in Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Los Angeles, or anywhere else.

There are many parks that are extremely small and are considered parks, even though they are smaller than Memorial or Album park. This is no different.
Substation on Doniphan is a nice development I wish we had more of.

That is quite the first utep game.
Yep, I had been to two UTEP Football games in 82',and 83' I think one of them was against NMSU, but that was my first BB game, I really didn't know how huge the win was or how much of a big deal Georgetown was. In fact, that's the only reason my uncle was able to convince my father to even go (because of the opponent). My dad didn't like any sports unless it was the Cowboys or boxing. The loudness of the arena and the anger towards "bad calls" from the crowd made me a fan forever. Even the hokie Amen chant was endearing.

Dumbass that brandished his assault rifle Saturday in the Cincy district now charged by a grand jury with felony terroristic threat.
E92PULeWEAAEOXR.jpg:large

Dumbass that brandished his assault rifle Saturday in the Cincy district now charged by a grand jury with felony terroristic threat.
I thought that was thrown out, but if true then good. Yes he is a total idiot and an luckily a big pussy too. He gave up right away to the authorities.

Yep, I had been to two UTEP Football games in 82',and 83' I think one of them was against NMSU, but that was my first BB game, I really didn't know how huge the win was or how much of a big deal Georgetown was. In fact, that's the only reason my uncle was able to convince my father to even go (because of the opponent). My dad didn't like any sports unless it was the Cowboys or boxing. The loudness of the arena and the anger towards "bad calls" from the crowd made me a fan forever. Even the hokie Amen chant was endearing.
My son's destined to not be a fan.
His first game was one of the directional New Mexico schools.

I saw Motley Crue in 85' at the EL Paso County Coliseum a Japanese band named Loudness opened. Damn 38 years ago, later that year I went to my first UTEP basketball game UTEP vs Georgetown.
God I wanted to go to that concert. A buddy was rubbing it in my face about Loudness audio equipment and how techie it was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT