ADVERTISEMENT

OT: SDSU to PAC12?

PickMyAxe915

MI Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2022
According to Dan Patrick.

According to other reports, it's inaccurate.

If this happens along with SMU, Rice, UNLV, there could be further movement in conferences that affects UTEP. It's too bad the football team has crapped the bed... we could get left behind if the MWC decides to add.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Really RICE, that's who PAC wants?
Don't listen to whoever said Rice. Not anyone I've seen has even mentioned Rice. As far as I can see that was just made up to get us stirred up and responding to this thread SMH. Someone probe me wrong and show me where it says Rice!?

According to Dan Patrick.

According to other reports, it's inaccurate.

If this happens along with SMU, Rice, UNLV, there could be further movement in conferences that affects UTEP. It's too bad the football team has crapped the bed... we could get left behind if the MWC decides to add.
Let Senter change the sheets.

SMU to the PAC 12 is inevitable. If they want to add a travel partner. It would almost have to be Rice. They're in a big market. They're the top academic school in Texas and the PAC 12 presidents would love that. They're investing 100 million into athletics facilities. It may not ever happen but its certainly possible.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
SMU to the PAC 12 is inevitable. If they want to add a travel partner. It would almost have to be Rice. They're in a big market. They're the top academic school in Texas and the PAC 12 presidents would love that. They're investing 100 million into athletics facilities. It may not ever happen but its certainly possible.
life, I love your posts but you know the PAC 12 will not touch SMU with a ten foot pole. They'll sit Rice at the supper table for Thanksgiving and put SMU at grandma's foldable card table with the kids even if there was any interest.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
life, I love your posts but you know the PAC 12 will not touch SMU with a ten foot pole. They'll sit Rice at the supper table for Thanksgiving and put SMU at grandma's foldable card table with the kids even if there was any interest.
SMU is going to The Pac 12. Now it's a matter of timing. Very influential business leaders as well as the mayor of Dallas and other city leaders have been working on this behind the scenes for months. The Pac 12 wants and needs exposure in Texas. It's going to happen.

SMU is going to The Pac 12. Now it's a matter of timing. Very influential business leaders as well as the mayor of Dallas and other city leaders have been working on this behind the scenes for months. The Pac 12 wants and needs exposure in Texas. It's going to happen.
Yeah I can see it. Rice has the academic power and the money to make Stanford and Cal happy. Rice doesn't really provide the Houston market but it does get the PAC into Houston and further exposure in Texas.

Yeah I can see it. Rice has the academic power and the money to make Stanford and Cal happy. Rice doesn't really provide the Houston market but it does get the PAC into Houston and further exposure in Texas.

I though the PAC 12 didn't allow religious schools?
They don't but that has been relaxed. Last year they set to invite TCU and Houston who were set join only to have it blown up by USC at the last minute. TCU had stopped with public prayers before games. They hadn't had mandatory chapel for a while. The PAC 12 presidents were fine with it

SMU is much more secular than TCU. About the only thing religious about SMU is the Methodist in their name. They'll make any changes that the Pac12 asks them to.

I though the PAC 12 didn't allow religious schools?
They don't but that has been relaxed. Last year they set to invite TCU and Houston who were set join only to have it blown up by USC at the last minute. TCU had stopped with public prayers before games. They hadn't had mandatory chapel for a while. The PAC 12 presidents were fine with it

SMU is much more secular than TCU. About the only thing religious about SMU is the Methodist in their name. They'll make any changes that the Pac12 asks them to.

Minerforlife has a big hard-on for SMU. He claimed that their basketball program was a Top 25 job and national title contender. They then hired the coach from Georgia St. LoL.

He also said UTSA is UTEPs biggest rival. Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

BYU worked them over for years and they went with Utah instead. No one saw the Utah invite.

How do you figure? What even leads you to believe this?

I don’t think there is anything at all to substantiate this claim, other than your guess/opinion.

Pretty sure if this was true, BYU would be in the PAC 12 instead of the BIG 12.

Assuming that guy is legit, not sure why Arizona and Colorado would stay in the P12 and not see if the Big 12 is available.

Tulane to Pac makes no sense. Why doesnt UTEP place a bid??

UTEP can offer Chihuahua stadium for Pac 12 baseball tournament.

Sun Bowl game is already in El Paso.

Reactions: kickballpro
Tulane to Pac makes no sense. Why doesnt UTEP place a bid??

UTEP can offer Chihuahua stadium for Pac 12 baseball tournament.

Sun Bowl game is already in El Paso.
Their academics mainly. Tulane has had some athletic success lately as well. And they are in New Orleans. Makes sense to me.

Their academics mainly. Tulane has had some athletic success lately as well. And they are in New Orleans. Makes sense to me.
Sure, but come on. Washington and the other 9 schools are happy to replace USC and UCLA with SMU and Tulane? F outta here. If I were Utah, Colorado, and the Arizona schools, I would be calling the Big 12 until they take me.

what makes sense is for Utah, Colorado, and the two Arizona teams to creature a new conference with Boise State, SDSU, Frenso State, Air Force. Colorado State and Wyoming, Oregon State, and Washington State.
It would work ... split it into two divisions like north and south.

what makes sense is for Utah, Colorado, and the two Arizona teams to creature a new conference with Boise State, SDSU, Frenso State, Air Force. Colorado State and Wyoming, Oregon State, and Washington State.

It’s not possible to do such.

From an academic standpoint, those PAC schools won't be caught dead with Boise State or Fresno .

From an academic standpoint, those PAC schools won't be caught dead with Boise State or Fresno .

What about with UTEP? I don't know how UTEP being a "tier 1 research university" matches up with whatever their academic standards are. I mean, it would be very cool to be in a geographically fit conference with those four current PAC12 schools.

What about with UTEP? I don't know how UTEP being a "tier 1 research university" matches up with whatever their academic standards are. I mean, it would be very cool to be in a geographically fit conference with those four current PAC12 schools.
UTEP is significantly below Boise State and Fresno State. Dr. Wilson will get us to where we need to be but it's going to take more time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT