ADVERTISEMENT

The coaching situation

Lucaminer

MI Hall of Famer
May 27, 2004
Do any of you find it at all crazy that we are in danger of losing a coach whose biggest "success" has been a home blowout loss to Utah in the CBI? I don't want Barbee to go, but I just can't understand, alumni or not, how he would be a top candidate at UMASS.

Luca, IMO the reason UMass is looking at Barbee is his recruiting reputation, not as coach of x's and o's. He is still developing his coaching skills and eventually will be a very good coach. UMass may associate TB with Calipari's dynamic personality. TB has nowhere near the personality of Calipari and will find the same issues he has in El Paso as far as being fully accepted. There are better coaches out there, but UMass may not want to pony up the real big bucks to get one of them. But, they certainly can put together a bigger package then we can. Personally, I'm just plain frustrated with the week. Amy, no recruiting going on in basketball, DJ and now I read Morturi is done for the Spring......what a week!

Barbee saying he has not been contacted means nothing. Doc said the same thing. It probably menas his agent was contacted. I do hear that Kellogg is interviewing today. I do appreciate that Barbee said he is not a candidate.

No, Barbee remarks might not mean a thing. Nonetheless they were nice to hear.

I sense your frustration and am in the same boat with you. Regardless of the outcome, if we intend to be a player, in CUSA or Mountain West, we need to take a proactive approach to our program and address salary issues.

I doubt he leaves based on the foundation he's built, and the relationship he has with the players. I doubt Calipari would want Barbee to leave CUSA either.

Just my opinion.

Carlos, it looks like you called it a couple days ago. Instead of worrying I should have listen to your wisdon.

The Spring practice pictures you posted were great! I see where J Thomas is going to play a little wide receiver. I read where Mouturi is out for the Spring...........anything serious?

Just an injured collarbone. He'll be ready for fall, but coach Price wants to keep him out for the spring.

I'll start posting more photos each week.

*FYI, I doubt Adams leaves as well considering she signed an extension early last season. I'd be shocked to be honest.

Carlos, you are certainly on top on the Miner program. I sincerely appreciate the respnse and answers to everything asked. Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT