ADVERTISEMENT

Way too many turnovers. UTEP doesn't know how to score out of the half-court

FeralFelidae

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 1, 2003
so they try to pretend that every possession is a fast-break, so they throw terrible passes.

Couldn't even draw up a good look at the end. An air ball 3 from the corner following a trap.

3 years of the same ol Golding ball, wasn't a fan last year... I drank the Kool-Aid, but it looks more of the same. What's with his line-ups? Sheesh.
He seemed to be grasping at straws yesterday. Hardy turned an ankle early and was no good after that. Kalu actually played well for thirty minutes but couldn't play down the stretch because his free throw shooting. Half court offense seems like a lot of frantic movement without any real purpose. Solomon played kinda timid. They go to the basket but don't attack the rim. Interior passing is non existent.

He seemed to be grasping at straws yesterday. Hardy turned an ankle early and was no good after that. Kalu actually played well for thirty minutes but couldn't play down the stretch because his free throw shooting. Half court offense seems like a lot of frantic movement without any real purpose. Solomon played kinda timid. They go to the basket but don't attack the rim. Interior passing is non existent.
Noticed that with Hardy, he had a couple travel calls, that may have been due to his ankle...

Noticed that with Hardy, he had a couple travel calls, that may have been due to his ankle...
Opposing coach must have seen tape and mentioned to the officials of some grey area walks.

Powell was not passing the ball to the new guys even when open. Seemed bothered with the new rotation. He can go F himself if he’s going to bitch about it.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Maybe, he would try a dribble drive but shuffle his feet early. It's a BS call but the officials were watching for it.

I thought it was funny when Hardy was asked about the "bug" that was rumored to be making its way through the team in Cali after they played LMU. Hardy had a confused look on his face and said he didn't know anything about a bug. Seemed like a ploy to excuse their poor play.

For sure, Hardy did turn his ankle and tried to play through it last night, but he was not good out there. Someone else needed to step up, and that's obviously not what happened.

Opposing coach must have seen tape and mentioned to the officials of some grey area walks.

Powell was not passing the ball to the new guys even when open. Seemed bothered with the new rotation. He can go F himself if he’s going to bitch about it.
Powell's not a point guard. He gets bothered by quicker guys on defense and tries to attack the rim himself or give it to Solomon or Frazier to attack. I'd like to see more of Sebas Cole running the O and more Elijah Jones. Also, Camper is a shooter but only got a couple of looks. We're not running screens to try and set up the shooters that we do have. I don't think Golding believes in that. Free throw shooting is bad and 3point shooting is even worse. There is no mid-range game. So it's attack the rim or jack up a random 3. Opposing defenses have learned how to beat us, just take away our inside game and our trasition game.

Powell's not a point guard. He gets bothered by quicker guys on defense and tries to attack the rim himself or give it to Solomon or Frazier to attack. I'd like to see more of Sebas Cole running the O and more Elijah Jones. Also, Camper is a shooter but only got a couple of looks. We're not running screens to try and set up the shooters that we do have. I don't think Golding believes in that. Free throw shooting is bad and 3point shooting is even worse. There is no mid-range game. So it's attack the rim or jack up a random 3. Opposing defenses have learned how to beat us, just take away our inside game and our trasition game.
Perfect, but what do we know...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT