ADVERTISEMENT

WOW!!

The Miner defense is horrible. Reminds me of Mike Price's Defense. If we had a half decent defense we would be ok. But unfortunately that's not the case

Bad tackling and the defensive line getting pushed back to easy. It's going to be a long season.

Price's defenses were not as bad as this.

Price gave up 38 points to NMSU in a Home Game during his 3rd year. Kugler gave up 47 points to NMSU in an Overtime Road Game during his 3rd year. I don't think that there is too much difference.

Price lost to NMSU TWICE and Price even lost to NMSU at home in the Sun Bowl. Kugler has not yet lost to NMSU.

Yes, we played like crap at times, but to rally from a 14 point deficit in the 4th quarter shows a lot of team character and I don't remember too many UTEP teams ever rallying from a 14 point 4th quarter deficit to win a game.

Reactions: TortugaEP
Price gave up 38 points to NMSU in a Home Game during his 3rd year. Kugler gave up 47 points to NMSU in an Overtime Road Game during his 3rd year. I don't think that there is too much difference.

Price lost to NMSU TWICE and Price even lost to NMSU at home in the Sun Bowl. Kugler has not yet lost to NMSU.

Yes, we played like crap at times, but to rally from a 14 point deficit in the 4th quarter shows a lot of team character and I don't remember too many UTEP teams ever rallying from a 14 point 4th quarter deficit to win a game.

Not to be a buzz kill, but maybe just a little perspective here. You gave up 47 points and rallied to beat the worst team in college football - in overtime. Good for you, but we can probably agree it was hardly a signature win.

NMSU teams just a few years ago weren't great, but they had good athletes and definitely were competitive, unlike today's iteration which is galactically bad.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT