@ North Texas
UTSA
RICE
La Tech
@ USM
@ UAB
@ FIU
Charlotte

I like that Charlotte is coming to El Paso with a new HC but I don't like our chances when the Miners travel to FIU who will likely be one of the favorites to win the east. Tough assignment for a rebuilding team.

Overall I'd say UTEP, if improved, has a reasonable shot at beating NMSU, Charlotte, UTSA, Rice and UAB. If the Miners lose the opener to a bad fcs team in Houston Baptist, Dimel's seat should become red hot. Miners need to win 3 at least to show an upward trend.

Reactions: minermx07
finally six home games (and a seventh a easy drive). And none look to be a lost cause (maybe Tech). Good schedule to make improvement and put wins on the board. (the downside if you go 1-11 with that schedule and we need to be looking for another coach)

8/31 Houston Baptist
9/7 @ Texas Tech
9/21 Nevada
11/23 @ NMSU

CUSA (dates & Times tba)
@ North Texas
UTSA
RICE
La Tech
@ USM
@ UAB
@ FIU
Charlotte
So we're playing NMSUcks late in the season? That's pretty rare.

NMSUcks and Houston Baptist better be wins next season.

finally six home games (and a seventh a easy drive). And none look to be a lost cause (maybe Tech). Good schedule to make improvement and put wins on the board. (the downside if you go 1-11 with that schedule and we need to be looking for another coach)

We had 6 home games this year. What do you mean finally? Texas Tech will be a loss for sure, no maybe about it.

Reactions: John 100
2-10 December 2018 prediction....still no talented offensive playmakers on the roster or commit list to change my mind or make me somewhat optimistic about a turnaround.

Reactions: HoneyBoy95
5-7

I think we beat Houston Baptist, NMSU, UTSA, RICE, and Charlotte.

2-10 December 2018 prediction....still no talented offensive playmakers on the roster or commit list to change my mind or make me somewhat optimistic about a turnaround.
Wood ... Wood ... Yes, the Miners need speed, speed and more speed. But look up front.

With center Derron Gatewood coming back for a sixth year, will he be a preseason all-CUSA selection? A five-year letterman?

With Gatewood back and his younger playmates having been forced into duty by injuries, the Miners should be vastly improved on offense next season. If not, Dimel should look for a new O-line coach.

Wood ... Wood ... Yes, the Miners need speed, speed and more speed. But look up front.

With center Derron Gatewood coming back for a sixth year, will he be a preseason all-CUSA selection? A five-year letterman?

With Gatewood back and his younger playmates having been forced into duty by injuries, the Miners should be vastly improved on offense next season. If not, Dimel should look for a new O-line coach.

I think we have pretty good young skill posistion players. My major concern is we have no one who can get them the ball. The staff seems hellbent on Locksley and he cant beat you with his arm. The rumored qb transfer from K-State is a Locksley clone. He can run but he cant make simple throws.

Sorry guys, but I think our QB will be the freshman coming in. TJ something or another. He may redshirt, but I don't think so. I bet he is #1 from the get go.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05

A six year center who is the best guard on the team gives me no hope man, can Gatewood stretch the defense with his speed or ball skills? or give us a reliable 3rd and medium target or red zone threat that puts six on the board? I love me some Derron Gatewood, but come on bruh, we badly need skill players more than anything, don't matter who is coming back up front.

We need playmakers, we need guys that can catch 30 or more balls per season and average 8 yards or more per catch, or average 4.0 yards per carry, I know o-line play is key in this offense, but that won't work if we don't have play makers to keep DC's guessing. Also, our backs our absolutely terrible outside of Wadley, and Dimel and Canales refuse to give him his due touches.

I've said it before, we don't have any offensive talent outside of Q Wadley, so last time that happened, Aaron Jones graduated, and we went 0-12. We are playing with FCS or worse talent offensive talent at the skill positions.

I see and respect what you're saying, but a solid o-line don't mean anything in FBS football if you don't have game changers or big play threats with the ball in their hands, this is 2018 FBS, not Kugler ball with all due message board respect my man...

Sorry guys, but I think our QB will be the freshman coming in. TJ something or another. He may redshirt, but I don't think so. I bet he is #1 from the get go.
That would be super interesting, I kind of feel the same, either the kid plays four games and gets a redshirt, or actually plays and starts, can't see it going any other way. He is a good pick up, and can maybe help us.... Think he battled an injury this year though...

With what offense?
Locksley and the whole team had a lousy start to the season but Locksley did have some good offensive showings later when the team started playing decently. His production vs NMSU, UTSA and Rice were good and that was with a makeshift O-line. He was injured and ineffective for several games. With a year of learning under his belt, a more experienced and deeper O-line, he will probably do well. Jones should also be improved. He was very good at times but bad at other times. Goodwin will have his opportunities too. The offense should be better in 2019.

Reactions: JCorona
I think we have pretty good young skill posistion players. My major concern is we have no one who can get them the ball. The staff seems hellbent on Locksley and he cant beat you with his arm. The rumored qb transfer from K-State is a Locksley clone. He can run but he cant make simple throws.
Delton of KSU was the mvp of the Cactus Bowl at the end of the 2017 season. His running is superior to his passing but he is good and Locksley will be better next season if he stays healthy. With an improved and deeper O-line protecting the QBs and better blocking for the RBs, we should see an improved offense next season.

How do you know? Have you seen him play? Or are you just going by what K State fans are saying on a message board?
Contrary too what you may want to believe there are people who actually do homework on college/UTEP major revenue programs. Darn pesky empirical crapola. We live in a "know nothing" american society dammit!!

Locksley and the whole team had a lousy start to the season but Locksley did have some good offensive showings later when the team started playing decently. His production vs NMSU, UTSA and Rice were good and that was with a makeshift O-line. He was injured and ineffective for several games. With a year of learning under his belt, a more experienced and deeper O-line, he will probably do well. Jones should also be improved. He was very good at times but bad at other times. Goodwin will have his opportunities too. The offense should be better in 2019.
Let's hope so, but I think we need another QB

I like that Charlotte is coming to El Paso with a new HC but I don't like our chances when the Miners travel to FIU who will likely be one of the favorites to win the east. Tough assignment for a rebuilding team.

Overall I'd say UTEP, if improved, has a reasonable shot at beating NMSU, Charlotte, UTSA, Rice and UAB. If the Miners lose the opener to a bad fcs team in Houston Baptist, Dimel's seat should become red hot. Miners need to win 3 at least to show an upward trend.
Good things may be headed your way...reads the tea leaves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT