ADVERTISEMENT

Any Utep players getting undrafted contracts??

Great job Dimel
Pretty hard thing to do.

Not his fault. I don’t care what UTEP players do after they leave. I only care that they do well and win here. You can still win games and not have any NFL players on your roster. Army and Navy win games. How many of their players are getting drafted or signed every year?

Not his fault. I don’t care what UTEP players do after they leave. I only care that they do well and win here. You can still win games and not have any NFL players on your roster. Army and Navy win games. How many of their players are getting drafted or signed every year?

The only reason the service academies didn't have players drafted of signed every year is because of their four year service commitment. They now have a waiver and can defer their service until their pro careers are over. The Naval academy has been letting their pro athletes serve in the reserves while playing pro ball. I don't think the other two academies were allowing their athletes to do that. The service deferment is a game changer for the service academies.

The only reason the service academies didn't have players drafted of signed every year is because of their four year service commitment. They now have a waiver and can defer their service until their pro careers are over. The Naval academy has been letting their pro athletes serve in the reserves while playing pro ball. I don't think the other two academies were allowing their athletes to do that. The service deferment is a game changer for the service academies.

Yes, I am aware. That’s not my point. They still win games without NFL caliber players. The 2016 Army team who beat UTEP 66-14, had no NFL players on that team.

Could it be that they have a 5 year commitment after graduation?

Teams that get players drafted get better players. It's just a fact. Now with me saying that in no way am I blaming coach.

Teams that get players drafted get better players. It's just a fact. Now with me saying that in no way am I blaming coach.

I'm not even talking about getting players drafted. Talking about players getting camp invites or undrafted contracts. Any other D1 school not get any players even a undrafted contract??

A player has to be 3 years removed from high school to be in the NFL. Dimel hasn't started Year 3.

I know Kugler gets a lot of shit from everyone. Am I tripping or did he not send a lot of players to the nfl? He sent the only two drafted players in the last 12+ years. By the end of his second year he had already recruited at least two players that became UFA. Fisher Jr and Showers. There’s probably a lot more but that’s what I remember. I’ll look into it further.

I know Kugler gets a lot of shit from everyone. Am I tripping or did he not send a lot of players to the nfl? He sent the only two drafted players in the last 12+ years. By the end of his second year he had already recruited at least two players that became UFA. Fisher Jr and Showers. There’s probably a lot more but that’s what I remember. I’ll look into it further.

Kugler started out with all kinds of energy and really did some great things. But at some point became lazy and complacent.

Kugler started out with all kinds of energy and really did some great things. But at some point became lazy and complacent.
Probably around the time his personal life started to unravel. I remember him more for his first four years than I do for his last. Let’s see if Dimel can have half the wins Kugler did by the end of his fourth year. He would need to average three win this year and next year. Not very confident he can do half the job Kugler did. At some time it’s time to stop blaming the previous man in charge.

Oh no way. Hard worker and never complacent but a pepo when it came to FBS football. Even Stull diplomatically stated that when he stepped down he basically didn't realize what it took for his position.

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT