ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball updates

C. Silva

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2003
UTEP has interest in power forward Chop Tang.

Share other information you have.

Tang visited in the Fall but did not sign early. I have heard mixed reviews about him. but, he and DUmes are the staff's main priorities. There may be a couple more kids from Memphis we are on as well. I will post info as soon as I have it. I really want to find out who is visiting theis weekend.

Guiterrez reportedly may have qualifying issues.

Isn't today the first day of the late signing peroid?

UTEP66, you may have been on to something. It looks like this week's visitor is Anthony Brock. He seems like a hell of a player. His size is a bit of a concern, but he sounds like the true PG we need to add depth to the position. Stone can't play all 40 minutes. Late signing starts next Wednesday, the 16th.

Lucaminer, thanks for the confirmation of Brock's visit and the when the signing period begins.

I hope we pickup Sampson Carter, as well. I'm not sure what our interest is or what his is, but he is a stud. Carter is very highly rated on several sites, as high as 31. There is a little confusion on Carter. Carter play in Houma, LA last year. His brothr Shyrome Chatman, a former Memphis Tiger, works for Calipari as video cordinator. He moved to Memphis and lives with his brother. Originally, he was going to go Hamilton HS, but instead went to Memphis Ridgeway and played with Jason Jones. Carter has grown 4 inches since his junior season. In addition, he was only 16 at the start of his senior season.

Tang, from what I could find, was one of the leading scorers in the Arizona JC conference he plays in at 15.2 per game and shot 46% from the floor. He was not among the top rebounders in the conference. As you said earlier, the reviews are very mixed. While it is not my decision, I much rather take my chances with Carter who has a tremendous upside.

I heard that Carter may need to go to prep school. he is a stud of a player, though. I would be thrilled to get him. Thanks for the info on him. Maybe the fact that he played with Jones will help get him here for the 09 class.

Interesting information Luca. Let me know if you hear anything else. I'll see what I can report on when I return to El Paso this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT