ADVERTISEMENT

Cahiem Brown...MBB 2017 Prop 48

He is literally leaving after the first day of classes. He apparently never took a recruiting visit here and now he is a long way from home, so home sickness is probably kicking in. As mentioned by FiliUTEP, he also posted something about his "mentality changing" at the same time that we had Devante in for a visit, so who knows. Regardless, I wish him luck whever he ends up.

Reactions: axingfools1
He is literally leaving after the first day of classes. He apparently never took a recruiting visit here and now he is a long way from home, so home sickness is probably kicking in. As mentioned by FiliUTEP, he also posted something about his "mentality changing" at the same time that we had Devante in for a visit, so who knows. Regardless, I wish him luck whever he ends up.

Maybe The Lord spoke to him.

apparently, he feels he was deceived by the staff during his recruitment. He seemed pretty excited when he got here, but tray changed quickly. Guess he met the real CTF

apparently, he feels he was deceived by the staff during his recruitment. He seemed pretty excited when he got here, but tray changed quickly. Guess he met the real CTF
Not a big TF fan but I think that's a bit unfair. We need to know more before passing judgement.

Not sure what that means but it would be nice if we can find out. IMO he realized the staff was recruiting another high level player at his position and got upset (deceived). Its not like he was going to play this year. All he had to do was go to school, stay in basketball shape, bond with the coaches/players, stay out of trouble and then compete for playing time next year. Too much to ask? I guess so. I can't imagine they told him any different. This is on the player. Not CTF.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Not sure what that means but it would be nice if we can find out. IMO he realized the staff was recruiting another high level player at his position and got upset (deceived). Its not like he was going to play this year. All he had to do was go to school, stay in basketball shape, bond with the coaches/players, stay out of trouble and then compete for playing time next year. Too much to ask? I guess so. I can't imagine they told him any different. This is on the player. Not CTF.
Just pure speculation at this point, but the timing of these events could point to more than just coincidence. We do know that Doutrive did visit UTEP last weekend. There are questions with regard to his eligibility for 2017, and it is rumored that he has yet to be cleared by the NCAA. We also know that CUSA does take non-qualifiers; I don't believe the PAC-12 does, or Gonzaga for that matter. I also think there is a limit to the number of non-qualifiers UTEP can have in basketball per year (like 2). To me, it doesn't make sense for Brown to leave just because another guy is being recruited even at the same position, especially since on the surface it appears to be a fairly long shot. In any event, I guess we will have to wait and see what we hear from the local media, if anything.

ron-swanson-says-dont-even-care-700x.gif

Reactions: Lil_Train

Driving back to EP after dropping my daughter off in Philly for college. She was slightly homesick within 24 hours. EP takes getting used to. Like radio show hosts personalities tell new listners: "Give it two or so weeks before you call in and comment..." LOL.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
According to his Twitter page, he felt like he had been mislead. He doesn't say about what. I always say that young high school and college kids are like 12 year olds in big people bodies. You have to coddle them and make sure they feel secure otherwise they feel lost. I wish UTEP was able to give these young players that kind of support. Kugler seems to be pretty good at it.

Or maybe he wasnt even offered? Did Utep ever make a official announcement about signing this guy? Maybe he thought the visit was a commitment? But why would a player commit to a place before even visittling?

He tweeted this late last night.

Cahiem Brown
‏@TheRealCahiemB
7h7 hours ago

I Did Not Leave Utep Willingly . Please Stop With The Negative Comments Pls

6:21 PM - 29 Aug 2017

He tweeted this late last night.

Cahiem Brown
‏@TheRealCahiemB
7h7 hours ago

I Did Not Leave Utep Willingly . Please Stop With The Negative Comments Pls

6:21 PM - 29 Aug 2017

I looked through all the comments on his twitter and couldn't find one single negative comment. Unless of course he is talking about this thread. Even on here I'm having a hard time finding something negative.

Reactions: texaswarhawk
That tweet is intereseting though. More story to come I'm sure. Sounds like a bad situation.

Since he is a Prop 48 and "paying his own way" through the first year, my guess is that this likely has more to do with his grant/student loan/student aide not coming through, more than anything else. But that's just a guess on my part.

He is literally leaving after the first day of classes. He apparently never took a recruiting visit here and now he is a long way from home, so home sickness is probably kicking in.
Maybe he can join Josh McSwiggan at the Portland School of Homesick Boys.

Reactions: MinerJo
Since he is a Prop 48 and "paying his own way" through the first year, my guess is that this likely has more to do with his grant/student loan/student aide not coming through, more than anything else. But that's just a guess on my part.

Payment deadline was August 21 and he apparently was at Miner Village on August 26, so my guess is he had to have have been paid in full. I think you are able to get a full refund if you drop your classes before school starts.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT