ADVERTISEMENT

Conf Tourney Scenarious

Get2Paydirt

Four-star recruit
Sep 26, 2017
Anyone know what needs to happen to even make the conf tournament? Are we currently in? Thanks!

Win and we are in. Lose and we have to hope UTSA beats RICE. The UTEP game starts two hours before the RICE game so we can’t depend on UTSA to get us in. We have to take care of our own business.

I might be in the minority but I don’t want to miss the tournament. We’ve already stooped low enough no need to add insult to injury. Senter will not keep Johnson. So why not let the kids spend an extra few days in DFW. They are already there playing a game. Extending the season by two three days isn’t going to prevent us from hiring the next hot assistant. And I like our chances against UTSA in the trilogy matchup.

Reactions: MinerManiac
Who knows which Miner team shows up Saturday. If we couldn't beat Rice can't expect to beat UNT. I was so excited when I read that the tournament was in Frisco not ever considering we might not even qualify; I now have mixed emotions.

Win and we are in. Lose and we have to hope UTSA beats RICE. The UTEP game starts two hours before the RICE game so we can’t depend on UTSA to get us in. We have to take care of our own business.

I might be in the minority but I don’t want to miss the tournament. We’ve already stooped low enough no need to add insult to injury. Senter will not keep Johnson. So why not let the kids spend an extra few days in DFW. They are already there playing a game. Extending the season by two three days isn’t going to prevent us from hiring the next hot assistant. And I like our chances against UTSA in the trilogy matchup.
That UTSA team is extremely vulnerable without Jackson, who is out for the year with a torn ACL. I honestly liked the matchup before the injury. Hope we can still somehow make it.

If we do not make the tournament, this does not mean Senter will he making the hire next week, as it has been implied. While the preliminary screening of candidates can happen, and is likely already taking place, the actual selection will most likely be done at the end of the basketball season for the new coach. The new coach will have very little time to put together a staff, and to try to recruit new players. I am of the opinion that we could use a major influx of talent, so time is crucial. I believe all four early signees have decomitted, although the two Cali kids are not confirmed.

Who knows which Miner team shows up Saturday. If we couldn't beat Rice can't expect to beat UNT. I was so excited when I read that the tournament was in Frisco not ever considering we might not even qualify; I now have mixed emotions.

While that was another lack luster performance the calling in that game was high school BS. Ticky tack calls all night on both sides that were momentum busters.....not that both teams are great high light ESPN top ten material, but both coaches were rightfully frustrated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT