ADVERTISEMENT

Cool UTEP basketball pics

I wish I had a poster of Mark McCall dunking on Alonzo Mourning in DC.
Yes. I started at El Paso high right after he graduated. Coach Harper's office must have had 100 pictures of McCall dunking on everybody and their mother!

Reactions: develman
Yes. I started at El Paso high right after he graduated. Coach Harper's office must have had 100 pictures of McCall dunking on everybody and their mother!

I played with McCall. He lived with Coach Jarvis. He really didn't want to go to UTEP. He wanted to go to a school like NC State. Harper at the time was the JV coach at Burgess, and we played him when I was on the JV team. Jarvis retired when McCall was a junior I think. He was forced to because of his age.

I am not sure, but I think McCall went to UTEP because his grades were not up to par, and his entrance exam scores were also. He was a great guy though. I never remember him saying anything bad about anyone, and he always had a smile on his face.

I saw him when he was close to graduation when I was visiting El Paso. He was not sure of his future. I think the Harlem Globetrotters contacted him not long after that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT