ADVERTISEMENT

Critical Article on our new Canadian BBall Player

UTEPDefense

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2002
Granted this article was presumably going to be one-sided based off of the Author's location and his apparent dislike for Floyd, but I think it does reinforce the question if our new player will be able to become immediately eligible or not?

I just hope that UTEP doesn't recieve a black eye(or even worse) from this and I hate the idea that his former University will be contacting the NCAA(even if UTEP did nothing wrong, having questions/issues raised with the NCAA is never a good thing). It would also be nice if we could avoid another McSwiggin's situation.

https://canhoopsca.wordpress.com/2016/09/02/osborne-transfer-to-utep-creates-numerous-questions/

Last edited:
Exactly, which despite being called students etc. every players objective is the NBA, Canada is no different. The article mentioned how "Canadian Coaches" feel it is their responsibility to steer players to situations which are in the players best interest. Well we have all seen this situation over and over in the US were slimy agents, HS and AAU coaches and all manner of people try to influence these kids all in the name of their "best interests". These people are pimps hoping to parley a cut from a players potential success. Article sounds so much like sour grapes to me.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
CIS? Never heard of her.

That article is a fine example of "sour grapes" journalism. The writer pointed out that Floyd and UTEP technically did nothing wrong (broke no rules), and in the same breath takes multiple stabs at the man's character and UTEP's reputation. Sorry for your bad luck, pal...er...hoser.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT