ADVERTISEMENT

CSU looked good. Is it too much to ask for UTEP to look like that?

Nugget 07

All Star
Mar 8, 2007
I was going back and forth watching both games, then gave up on UTEP at halftime and focused solely on the CSU-CU game.

Everyone is dickriding Deion but what I saw is that CSU has something special brewing. Kids have grit, never gave up. Their WR’s can catch! Their QB didn’t pout and quit after that pick-6. Their LBs have their fundamentals down on how to tackle.

CSU was on the road vs the world, and they took it to CU. (Blah blah dirty plays etc, CU was doing the same shit but the media is all over their balls.)

Of note, Norvell is the 74th highest paid coach in FBS at $1.6M. Dana Dismel is the 97th at $804k. Jim Senter makes $350k, Joe Parker CSU AD $440k.

Anyhow it’s a damn shame UTEP continues to regress, and we keep paying this clown $800k a year for bogus football while other schools, former conference mates, continue to leave us in the dust.

Or maybe....just maybe....Colorado is WAY overrated? They barely beat TCU....who really hasn't done anything this year. Beat Nebraska...big woop...and had to fight of a CSU team AT HOME, with all the lights on them....we shall see as the year goes on.

Sanders is entertaining, that much is true..

Yeah, maybe they played up to their opponent. They have talent though, and believe in their coach Norvell. UTEP lacks talent, and Dismel has lost the team not even half ways into the season.
I didn't feel like the team is lost watching the AZ game. It is what it is, AZ is better, but Utep played tough throughout, but receivers couldn't catch a cold, and obviously still can't get it in the end zone to save their lives, Defense couldn't stop their mobile QB, or any of Arizona's Defense for that matter. However they didn't give up and played better overall than against NW. That's not rainbow 🌈 glasses, those are facts from watching the game in detail. Players are frustrated at losing, but that's different, that means they still care, which is the opposite of what you said. At the end of the day, though Dimel isn't the guy and this team will have a tough time getting to 4 wins, much less 6.

Or maybe....just maybe....Colorado is WAY overrated? They barely beat TCU....who really hasn't done anything this year. Beat Nebraska...big woop...and had to fight of a CSU team AT HOME, with all the lights on them....we shall see as the year goes on.

Sanders is entertaining, that much is true..
Overrated or not, still 3-0 in year 1. Has UTEP ever been 3-0?

I wish our first year head coach would be called overrated cuz he turned us around from 1-11 into a 3-0 start that includes a win over the national championship runner up. But naw we got the it takes a decade program. Imagine having the creativity to have taken a chance on Deion instead of an old fart that went winless.

10-15 year plan to be introduced soon….. stay tuned
That’s how long it takes now with the new nil deals and transfer market. Look at poor Deion and the mess he inherited. A shit roster that is literally gonna take 5-6 years before they’re at the Pac12/Big12 level.

That’s why he only kept 10 of the 85 players that were on the roster. Imagine that. Inheriting a shit roster and instead of wasting years you turn it over in one off season. It’s too bad only young coaches can do stuff like that.

That’s how long it takes now with the new nil deals and transfer market. Look at poor Deion and the mess he inherited. A shit roster that is literally gonna take 5-6 years before they’re at the Pac12/Big12 level.

That’s why he only kept 10 of the 85 players that were on the roster. Imagine that. Inheriting a shit roster and instead of wasting years you turn it over in one off season. It’s too bad only young coaches can do stuff like that.
El Pasoans are lucky to have FBS football. Being FBS is good enough for us. We don’t deserve to have a winning program.

Sanders is a spry 56.

I’m curious to know how Deion and Colorado handle a couple of losses. They’re coming up on a tough stretch and let’s see what happens. As much as the internet loves to build people up they LOVE to tear people down. Were going to see the crying Jordan face o with a cowboy hat on.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
I find it funny how many people jump on the bandwagon. How many music and movies stars are going to their games. Last year didn’t even know they existed.
It’s fun to watch the possibility of an overnight transformation. Plus, Deion always brings the swag and hype wherever he’s gone. He’s an easy guy to root for imo.

I find it funny how many people jump on the bandwagon. How many music and movies stars are going to their games. Last year didn’t even know they existed.
Fun team to watch. Not a lot of experience on that team so it'll be interesting to watch how they finish the season. I think it's cool to see how quickly a terrible roster can be overturned in todays new college football. I hope this leads to a way more competitive college football where talent gets spread around instead of stacked up at Georgia and Bama.

Enjoy it while it last because Deion won't be in Boulder very long. He will be at FSU or Miami or some other big time P5 program. Then, I will be rooting against him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT