ADVERTISEMENT

Diego Pavia

This might be the one of the largest crowds in the history of football watching the Vandy fans pull down the goal posts.

Might even surpass the 850,000+ that were there when UTEP beat BYU.

2step…you said he was a once in a generation type player. I still don’t know if I agree with that statement, however he IS a game changer. He played a helluva game today.
Vandy folks like Skip and Wolken are calling it the win of their lifetimes. I would say generational for most. Jerry Kill coaches players up, in head coach or consultant roles.

My UTEP thought is how can we whiff on so many potential QBs? UIW alone has scooped up Lindsey Scott Jr, Cam Ward, and Zach Calzada while Gavin was slinging it to Miners or opponents.

With Warner coming in from a championship program like Cibolo Steele, I hope he replicates Vittatoe’s (Euless Trinity) success. That recruitment of players from successful programs, is one of the things that has resonated with me about Walden’s introduction speech and recruitment philosophy.

Vandy folks like Skip and Wolken are calling it the win of their lifetimes. I would say generational for most. Jerry Kill coaches players up, in head coach or consultant roles.

My UTEP thought is how can we whiff on so many potential QBs? UIW alone has scooped up Lindsey Scott Jr, Cam Ward, and Zach Calzada while Gavin was slinging it to Miners or opponents.

With Warner coming in from a championship program like Cibolo Steele, I hope he replicates Vittatoe’s (Euless Trinity) success. That recruitment of players from successful programs, is one of the things that has resonated with me about Walden’s introduction speech and recruitment philosophy.
UTEP whiffs on QBs, shooting guards, coaches…it’s part of the culture.

One added note about the Vandy game. It truly was generational (like the UTEP win over BYU). The students carried the goalposts 2 miles all the way down Broadway and dumped it in the Cumberland River....it was epic! I want that same feeling so badly for UTEP.

GO MINERS!

ULM just went to 4-1 by beating 4-0 JMU. 2-0 in the SBC now. Had maybe 5,000 people there. Guess what? They have a first year head coach. Even ULM can hire the right person and win right away.

73 new players.
Doing a great job. I’m just not sure how receptive the donors would have been hiring the OC/QB coach from a 4-8 UNM team. I know I wouldn’t have been thrilled.

Sometimes you hit with these hires, but you can’t tell me you thought ULM made a great hire at the time of the hire…..4-8 lobos

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Doing a great job. I’m just not sure how receptive the donors would have been hiring the OC/QB coach from a 4-8 UNM team. I know I wouldn’t have been thrilled.

Sometimes you hit with these hires, but you can’t tell me you thought ULM made a great hire at the time of the hire…..4-8 lobos
He was also head coach of UAB for 1 year before that.

Unlucky for us, great hires aren’t determined at their beginning. They’re determined near the end.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
He was also head coach of UAB for 1 year before that.

Unlucky for us, great hires aren’t determined at their beginning. They’re determined near the end.
So who was your pick from the options we had? I had White, Walden, and Eck as my favorites. Everyone here had a hard-on for Marion bc he was black.

So who was your pick from the options we had? I had White, Walden, and Eck as my favorites. Everyone here had a hard-on for Marion bc he was black.
I don’t remember. I am fine with Walden’s hire. I didn’t have wild expectations of him like some did. I thought winning 4 games was how it was going to go. We will be lucky if he gets 2. That’s fine, I guess, his first year. Next year better see big time improvement.

I am fine with hiring any young coach or assistant here. I hated the Dismel hire, because he had failed before and had not been a head coach for like 20 years. Give me any assistant from any program over a coach like that.

I want Bronzeing’s replacement to be a young assistant coach from another program.

Reactions: FedupMiner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT