ADVERTISEMENT

Dimel's biggest win of the season?(RB commit today).

UTEPDefense

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 8, 2002
Willie Eldridge, a 3 star RB, who had offers from PAC 12(Utah) and SEC(Vanderbilt), committed to us today. He was in town this past weekend. He definitely looks like an athlete in person. We need play makers bad and this guy should help. Hankins and Eldridge could be a true thunder and lightning. His Junior year HUDL video is pretty fun to watch:

Good pick up. If we can pick up a good lineman or two that would be even better. And if we can get these guys on the field in games, then best of all.

I know we’re all very doom and gloom with Dimmel and his staff right now, but they are definitely punching out of their weight class when it comes to recruiting. I am definitely not a fan of his coaching style and the results but they’ve done a hell of a job bringing in rated recruits. In some ways I am willing to be a little more patient because I want to see what these kids do, because on paper the future looks brighter.

Now: If this kid puts pen to paper, what does this mean for Aaron Dumas? Will the depth (on paper) at RB make him less willing to sign with UTEP because on paper a backfield with Hankins has a ton of potential.

I know we’re all very doom and gloom with Dimmel and his staff right now, but they are definitely punching out of their weight class when it comes to recruiting.

"However, I did ask Dimel if he thought about making a QB change later in the season. "Yea, those guys (younger QB's) could possibly play the last 4 games of the season and not lose their year of eligibility," says Dimel.

An NCAA football player loses his year of eligibility if he plays in at least 5 games. A player does not lose eligibility if he plays in 4 games or less."
-Lou Romano; CBS4 Sports

https://cbs4local.com/sports/sports-headlines/dimel-will-consider-utep-qb-change

Nice get. A higher recruiting priority are talented linebackers, defensive lineman, deep threat wide receivers, and offensive linemen.

I know we’re all very doom and gloom with Dimmel and his staff right now, but they are definitely punching out of their weight class when it comes to recruiting. I am definitely not a fan of his coaching style and the results but they’ve done a hell of a job bringing in rated recruits. In some ways I am willing to be a little more patient because I want to see what these kids do, because on paper the future looks brighter.

Now: If this kid puts pen to paper, what does this mean for Aaron Dumas? Will the depth (on paper) at RB make him less willing to sign with UTEP because on paper a backfield with Hankins has a ton of potential.
We still have many Kugler players is the problem this year along with a disappointing O Line and a team that makes bone headed mistakes and penalties. I'm beginning to think that not even Nick Saban can win at UTEP. I'm just awaiting Basketball, FB Season is over.

We still have many Kugler players is the problem this year along with a disappointing O Line and a team that makes bone headed mistakes and penalties. I'm beginning to think that not even Nick Saban can win at UTEP. I'm just awaiting Basketball, FB Season is over.

I agree that we are beyond snakebitten as a football program, but there is a reason to be optimistic. Under Kugler they were losing at unbelievable rate and bringing in D2 quality players which gave us absolutely no hope in the future. Now they’re still losing but at least they’re bringing in several 3 star players and nabbing the occasional grad transfer so I want to believe that they are upgrading the roster slowly but surely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT