ADVERTISEMENT

Does Utep need a new football stadium ?

It just needs to be upgraded. Nothing wrong with the location, there is a lot that can be built around the area. The Asarco land? What's the deal with that, turn that into a nice "quarter" or entertainment district... Add a route for the street car.
Does the ASARCO land have a clean bill of health? I thought it was associated with hazardous waste. Has it all been cleaned up?

Does the ASARCO land have a clean bill of health? I thought it was associated with hazardous waste. Has it all been cleaned up?
Yes it has. UTEP wants it badly.

FYI, since this is about stadiums, I leave this here because A) it's Friday and B) For Shits n Giggles

I never went to a UTEP game at the Sun Bowl and had the thought enter my head that there's a problem with the lighting system. It's not a problem that I ever noticed. I mean, if somebody wants to put up the money for a new lighting system, we shouldn't turn him down, but I think there are other priorities that should come first.

I never went to a UTEP game at the Sun Bowl and had the thought enter my head that there's a problem with the lighting system. It's not a problem that I ever noticed. I mean, if somebody wants to put up the money for a new lighting system, we shouldn't turn him down, but I think there are other priorities that should come first.
Did you go to the Colorado St game a few years back?

He’s also taken the athletic department through a pouring rights process, signed a new multimedia rights deal with Van Wagner and finalized an apparel deal.

Still, with all of this progress, Senter has his eye on a few challenges to overcome.

He’s been closely monitoring the upgrades to the Sun Bowl, UTEP’s stadium and concourse modernization project. This renovation will include premium seating in the GECU Terrace, additional food and beverage options, and enhanced accessibility. UTEP announced a $10- to $15-million, 16-month project, sponsored by GECU. jim senter

“The project is underway; we’ve already completed the initial phase tied to the concourses. Phases II is underway. We were told it would be a $10- to $15-million phase, but when it went out to bid it came back significantly higher, so we’ve had to go back to the drawing board with our architects to see if we can get the costs down.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT