ADVERTISEMENT

Does UTEP win lastnight

Thanks for the information. The $250 is from multiple NIL sponsors or just a single deal from a car dealer or something?

If only he had $1 million, then they’d be in good shape. From what I know at the moment all they have is like $180-$200k to pay current players. Maybe that changes as the NIL collective grows.
No wonder he was only able to get role players. How much does NMSU have?? Did they have more?

They should lower the 5k minimum. There shouldn't even be a minimum.

Every Basketball team needs at least 2 star players to win. 2 is the minimum. It doesn't guarantee success but at least you have a chance. This team that Golding built , we dont know who are the alphas. The leaders? Who is taking the last shot? Hopefully after tomorrow someone will step up and take lead.
Hopefully Hardy and Sibley can step up!

Every Basketball team needs at least 2 star players to win. 2 is the minimum. It doesn't guarantee success but at least you have a chance. This team that Golding built , we dont know who are the alphas. The leaders? Who is taking the last shot? Hopefully after tomorrow someone will step up and take lead.
With time I could come up with more examples, but this statement immediately had me think back to the 1986-87 UTEP Men's Basketball Team. Our leading scorer that year averaged 12.9 ppg. Our sixth leading scorer averaged 10.0 ppg, our seventh, 8.3 ppg. Instead of having a couple of guys carrying us, we had seven guys contributing fairly evenly. We ended up winning the conference and getting an at large bid. In the first round of the NCAA Tournament we ended up beating Arizona in Tucson, and almost beat 6th ranked Iowa in the 2nd round.

With time I could come up with more examples, but this statement immediately had me think back to the 1986-87 UTEP Men's Basketball Team. Our leading scorer that year averaged 12.9 ppg. Our sixth leading scorer averaged 10.0 ppg, our seventh, 8.3 ppg. Instead of having a couple of guys carrying us, we had seven guys contributing fairly evenly. We ended up winning the conference and getting an at large bid. In the first round of the NCAA Tournament we ended up beating Arizona in Tucson, and almost beat 6th ranked Iowa in the 2nd round.
Sounds very similar to the team Golding had at ACU but with lower stats. Leading scorer had 11.9 ppg then everyone else 10.6, 10.5, 8.2, 6.6, 6.5, 6, and 6.

That was in the 80s and they had stars on that team. Wasnt there 3 NBA players on that roster?

That was in the 80s and they had stars on that team. Wasnt there 3 NBA players on that roster?
Tim Hardaway, a sophomore, who was not yet a star, was on that team, as was a freshman Antonio Davis, who was as far from a star at that point as you could possibly get. Jeep Jackson was the lone member of that team on the All WAC team.

Last edited:
I watched Memphis vs Alabama last night. Kennedy came off the bench early but only played a few minutes. He looked a little out of sorts or over-matched on defense and couldn't do much on offense. He did make their only 3 pointer of the game though 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Lil_Train
I watched Memphis vs Alabama last night. Kennedy came off the bench early but only played a few minutes. He looked a little out of sorts or over-matched on defense and couldn't do much on offense. He did make their only 3 pointer of the game though 🤷‍♂️
Great move for Boum. Not so great of a move for Kennedy. Kennedy could’ve been a big fish in a small pond. Instead he chose to be a small fish in a big pond.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT