ADVERTISEMENT

El Paso gets its NHL exhibition game: Dallas Stars vs. Arizona Coyotes

OsoFromELP

MI VIP
Sep 11, 2018
El Paso, TX
Imagine if we had a bigger, more modern arena to host this? Hopefully this gets shown on TV.

Last edited:
Would have been nice to attend this but the Rhinos arena only 1,200 and did not luck out in getting tix. My question is why not host in the County Coliseum where you could get 5 to 6 thousand easy! The Buzzards drew that on a regular basis during their glory days. There are more hockey fans in El Paso than some would think, so I think the Rhinos should Seriously look into moving into the CC. The atmosphere would be even better with more fans! Just my two cents.

Would have been nice to attend this but the Rhinos arena only 1,200 and did not luck out in getting tix. My question is why not host in the County Coliseum where you could get 5 to 6 thousand easy! The Buzzards drew that on a regular basis during their glory days. There are more hockey fans in El Paso than some would think, so I think the Rhinos should Seriously look into moving into the CC. The atmosphere would be even better with more fans! Just my two cents.
I am not a hockey fan but I just watched a couple of the videos posted about tonight’s game. The Rhinos said it wasn’t feasible to maintain the ice in the Coliseum with all the other events that are held there. It was much easier to convert the Equestrian Center into the Event Center. It’s now open year round after the 150k in improvements.

I am not a hockey fan but I just watched a couple of the videos posted about tonight’s game. The Rhinos said it wasn’t feasible to maintain the ice in the Coliseum with all the other events that are held there. It was much easier to convert the Equestrian Center into the Event Center. It’s now open year round after the 150k in improvements.
In addition, the Coliseum floor is not large enough to fit a regulation sized hockey rink. Not so much an issue for minor leagues or independent leagues, but not acceptable to the NHL or its players union.

Reactions: JCorona
Nice win by the Stars. Things got pretty physical in the 3rd period. Fans were treated to a few fist a cuffs. Wish I could have been there in person.

Maybe because they play in the arena got the donations?

You are awarded 150k and a game and then play somewhere else, I wonder if the contract stated they had to play in the Hockeytown Arena?

i always thought the Coliseum was bigger?? Why does it look so small??

also looks like that national media has changed its name to the Barn.

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
i thought they played at the Coliseum. I didnt know the Rhinos had its own arena?? Its been a very long time since ive been to that area of town.
In the parking lot of the Coliseum, there’s two other buildings. 1 has walls, 1 doesn’t. The Rhinos and this game, played in the one with walls. I am not sure if they host other events there anymore.

In the parking lot of the Coliseum, there’s two other buildings. 1 has walls, 1 doesn’t. The Rhinos and this game, played in the one with walls. I am not sure if they host other events there anymore.

i would bet that others thought they played in the coliseum and never knew about the other arena.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT