ADVERTISEMENT

OT: El Paso wins Hockeyville 2020

Very cool:

El Paso County Coliseum will be awarded $150,000 in rink upgrades from Kraft Heinz and $10,000 worth of new equipment from the NHLPA Goals & Dreams fund. Further information on an NHL® Community Celebration for the Grand Prize Winner will be determined at a later date.

Reactions: MistaBinks
Very cool:

El Paso County Coliseum will be awarded $150,000 in rink upgrades from Kraft Heinz and $10,000 worth of new equipment from the NHLPA Goals & Dreams fund. Further information on an NHL® Community Celebration for the Grand Prize Winner will be determined at a later date.

Thanks for copying my post. LOL!!

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Why did you post the same thread 30 minutes after me? Did you not get any attention in church today? LOL

Why did you post the same thread 30 minutes after me? Did you not get any attention in church today? LOL

Give him a break. He’s too busy reminiscing about the “pounding” we gave Utah St in the first half of the NM Bowl. Busy talking to all the people from Lubbock buying season tickets to UTEP games. And thinking about the “spark” SFA has when playing FBS teams!

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Give him a break. He’s too busy reminiscing about the “pounding” we gave Utah St in the first half of the NM Bowl. Busy talking to all the people from Lubbock buying season tickets to UTEP games. And thinking about the “spark” SFA has when playing FBS teams!

Don't forgot about planning the big trip to Austin to watch the game on TV!

How was this contest decided?

main-qimg-b365751fd1d8ab3e5d7e687148444d70-c

I've never understood what the Rhinos are. They players seem to come from all over but they have to pay to be on the team. And they don't get paid because they're amautures. I think the price of a ticket is basically the fundraiser

I've never understood what the Rhinos are. They players seem to come from all over but they have to pay to be on the team. And they don't get paid because they're amautures. I think the price of a ticket is basically the fundraiser
They pay to be on the team??? wtf? That's some bullshit

Yep, it's basically like a club team.

Hockey is fun to watch live.. They use UTEP club players. Basically, they are the EP Diablos of 70's and 80's: Bring good talent, fun for the family, affordable family budget friendly and good community outreach

Reactions: minermx07
Hockey is fun to watch live.. They use UTEP club players. Basically, they are the EP Diablos of 70's and 80's: Bring good talent, fun for the family, affordable family budget friendly and good community outreach

No, the Rhinos aren't affiliated with an NHL team. They don't even get paid.

The Rhinos and the UTEP hockey team play at the same time. The Rhinos don't use UTEP club players.

Comparing the Diablos to the Rhinos is dumb. Zero Rhinos players have played in the NHL. Hundreds of Diablos players have played Major League Baseball.

No, the Rhinos aren't affiliated with an NHL team. They don't even get paid.

The Rhinos and the UTEP hockey team play at the same time. The Rhinos don't use UTEP club players.

Comparing the Diablos to the Rhinos is dumb. Zero Rhinos players have played in the NHL. Hundreds of Diablos players have played Major League Baseball.

Actually, one Rhino has made the NHL. They have a poster of him when you walk into the “arena”. Adam Vay was a goaltender with the Minnesota Wild for a minute.

I went to a game once and had a great time. After the game there was another game between Coronado and Franklin and I watched a Period of that game as well.

I was reading up on this and The Rhinos are going to be a NAHL expansion team. Which is still amateur Hockey but the players only pay their living expenses and its Tier 2.

The article I read is that Tier 3 Hockey Players Pay 8 to 10 thousand a year to play for teams like the Rhinos and usually go on to play Division 3 College Hockey.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
I watched the UTEP club team beat the crap out of some other school a few years ago. It was like 20-6 or something ridiculous like that. The game was long and it was cold in there, but fun to watch. They blared heavy metal over the intercom the whole time.

Actually, one Rhino has made the NHL. They have a poster of him when you walk into the “arena”. Adam Vay was a goaltender with the Minnesota Wild for a minute.

He was signed by the Minnesota Wild, but he never played with them. He did play 2 games with the Iowa Wild.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT