ADVERTISEMENT

fffffffffffff........

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
Metz gone. Not even a hit out of bounds.

I wish UTEP had some of that Vols luck.

The defense is demoralized.

4th and 3 and a pass play is called for a cold qb that's been on the bench?! Is something wrong with the field goal kicker?

4th and 3 and a pass play is called for a cold qb that's been on the bench?! Is something wrong with the field goal kicker?
Because a field goal would have done a whole lot of good at that point in the game.

Reactions: UTEP05
I'm convinced the Miners are cursed. Nothing goes in our favor.

Did I miss something? Senegal caught the ball and was like two inches from scoring a td. The refs said he humbled?? WTF! The ground cannot cause a fumble, plus he never lost the ball.

He was out of bounds.
Yes, you're correct. 2nd week UTEP has a critical offensive player hurt and CUSA official misses it right in front of his face. TV commentators are even hoppin' "How can you not see that?!!"

Frustrating game. UTEP ends with more total yds than LT (415 387). Eight different players had a reception tonight. That has to a record for the Kugler era. After a shaky start the defense played decently. Tough to swallow only getting seven points. There are no moral victories. Metz needs to stay at qb the rest of the season.

Did I miss something? Senegal caught the ball and was like two inches from scoring a td. The refs said he humbled?? WTF! The ground cannot cause a fumble, plus he never lost the ball.

That actually was a fumble.

Frustrating game. UTEP ends with more total yds than LT (415 387). Eight different players had a reception tonight. That has to a record for the Kugler era. After a shaky start the defense played decently. Tough to swallow only getting seven points. There are no moral victories. Metz needs to stay at qb the rest of the season.

Metz has the tools. But, he may to sit out next week due to concussion.

Metz is the future, Kugler is not but Stull will give him a contract extension because "we played La Tech close" and UTEP beats FIU and UNT at home.

They didn't show the fumble, they were showing the Senegal catch and dive while UTEP ran a play. I'm assuming it was a fumbled snap.

They didn't show the fumble, they were showing the Senegal catch and dive while UTEP ran a play. I'm assuming it was a fumbled snap.
Yep. Fumbled the snap on the play after that catch. Not that it mattered a whole lot.

Ok, that explains it. They didn't show the snapped fumble on tv. I know it wasn't going to matter, but it would have been nice to have scored a td at the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT