Michael Haynes- Never made it on campus

Michael Perez- Transferred

Matt Korcheck- Never made it on campus

John Bohannon- Cancer

Malcolm Moore- Not D1

Darius Nelson- Left after scrimmage

Mitch Marquis- Never made it on campus

Jacques Streeter- good player

Julian Washburn- good player (disappeared in big games)

C.J. Cooper- Worst starting PG in UTEP history

D'Von Campbell- Transferred

Jalen Ragland- Kicked off team and his claim to fame was that he never missed a shot in practice

Mckenize Moore- Kicked off team; PUNK

Chris Washburn- Transferred

Dustin Watts- Never made it on campus

Twymond Howard- Transferred

Anthony January- Still in High School (10 year plan)

Kenny Williams- Never made it on campus

Cedric Lang- really good player

Josh Brown- Transferred

Andre Spight- Never made it on campus

Isaac Hamilton- we all know how that fiasco ended up

Vince Hunter- left early.......do you blame him

Jake Flaggert- Bust

Matt Wilms- injury prone....still a project

Jacob Thomas- Never made it on campus

Hooper Vint - absolute garbage

Earvin Morris- descent player

Tevin Caldwell- ton of heart but not D1

Marqywell Jackson- Got home sick and went back to Detroit

Terry Winn- Good player

Shaq Carr- Never made it on campus

Lewis Stallworth- Transferred

Chris Sandifer- Never made it on campus

Omega Harris- Problem child

Trey Touchet- Descent player

Brodricks Jones- Transferred

Josh McSwiggan- Left program

Dominic Artis- overrated (the next Bobby Joe Hill/Hardaway) yeah right

Lee Moore- Left program

Paul Thomas- Still too early

Christian Romine- Transferred

Please feel free to add to this list if I missed someone.

Last edited:
Floyd has blamed Barbee before. In Price's defense, its a lot harder to be successful in football than it is in basketball. No more excuses for Floyd's poor performance here.

Damn, that puts things even further into perspective. Thanks for breaking it down, Project. Jeezuz help us!

You forgot Justin Crosgile. That might be a good thing.

If you're keeping track (and check my math):

Never played a game for UTEP: 12
Transferred/left (voluntarily or otherwise): 14
Finished/still on the team: 16

You forgot Justin Crosgile. That might be a good thing.

If you're keeping track (and check my math):

Never played a game for UTEP: 12
Transferred/left (voluntarily or otherwise): 14
Finished/still on the team: 16

16 of 42. Floyd is batting .380. Thats a helluva an average...................in baseball.

Reactions: develman
So removing Bo, who was signed by Barbee, and replacing him with Crosgile, means that there are 42 Floyd players.

Out of the 42 players listed, only 4 players played a 3rd season at UTEP, with Flaggert, Wilms, Touchet, Omega, Thomas, and Winn still having a chance to play a 3rd.

This means that if these 6 remain at UTEP, then in a best case scenario, 32 out of Floyd's 42 players will have played at UTEP 2 seasons or less.

It is almost impossibly to build team continuity and unity when you have so much constant turnover. Maybe this lack of continuity, lack of unity, and continuous lack of upperclassmen leadership is a contributing factor, which makes it easier for these guys to leave instead of staying, when times get tough?

Floyd's recruits:

Michael Haynes- Never made it on campus

Michael Perez- Transferred

Matt Korcheck- Never made it on campus

John Bohannon- Cancer

Malcolm Moore- Not D1

Darius Nelson- Left after scrimmage

Mitch Marquis- Never made it on campus

Jacques Streeter- good player

Julian Washburn- good player (disappeared in big games)

C.J. Cooper- Worst starting PG in UTEP history

D'Von Campbell- Transferred

Jalen Ragland- Kicked off team and his claim to fame was that he never missed a shot in practice

Mckenize Moore- Kicked off team; PUNK

Chris Washburn- Transferred

Dustin Watts- Never made it on campus

Twymond Howard- Transferred

Anthony January- Still in High School (10 year plan)

Kenny Williams- Never made it on campus

Cedric Lang- really good player

Josh Brown- Transferred

Andre Spight- Never made it on campus

Isaac Hamilton- we all know how that fiasco ended up

Vince Hunter- left early.......do you blame him

Jake Flaggert- Bust

Matt Wilms- injury prone....still a project

Jacob Thomas- Never made it on campus

Hooper Vint - absolute garbage

Earvin Morris- descent player

Tevin Caldwell- ton of heart but not D1

Marqywell Jackson- Got home sick and went back to Detroit

Terry Winn- Good player

Shaq Carr- Never made it on campus

Lewis Stallworth- Transferred

Chris Sandifer- Never made it on campus

Omega Harris- Problem child

Trey Touchet- Descent player

Brodricks Jones- Transferred

Josh McSwiggan- Left program

Dominic Artis- overrated (the next Bobby Joe Hill/Hardaway) yeah right

Lee Moore- Left program

Paul Thomas- Still too early

Christian Romine- Transferred

Please feel free to add to this list if I missed someone.
Hey Project!
I'm now one of those who think Floyd should go after supporting him all along, but some of your examples are silly, exaggerated and far fetched. You were trying so hard to make a case that you just over did it. Bohannon...are you blaming Floyd? If so, for what? He had a great four years although there were some attitude issues. I think he was actually a Barbee recruit...so I repeat; what is it you are putting on Floyd? Julian Washburn and Cedric Lang...the best you can say is, "good players"? C J ..." The Worst ever"? Wilmms...injury prone. Yeah, I agree that's Floyd's fault. He should have known better. Vint...garbage? That's a bit extreme dude. Tevin Caldwell. You are blaming Floyd for allowing a walk-on to play who wasn't D1 quality? I think you'll catch some arguments with that statement. I think the best of all is your classification of Morris and Touchet as "descent". Are they going downhill??? ...or are they " decent"? Hunter and Moore leaving to go pro! If you put that on Floyd, then you need to include Calipari (and others) in your coaches that are jokes. He probably has 3or 4 each year that leave for the NBA. You can blame Floyd for a lot of the misfortunes, but don't blame him for bad weather, ISIS or Trump. As I said, I have finally given up on Floyd and it hurts me to do so. Losing Swiggy was the crushing blow for me.

Hey Project!
I'm now one of those who think Floyd should go after supporting him all along, but some of your examples are silly, exaggerated and far fetched. You were trying so hard to make a case that you just over did it. Bohannon...are you blaming Floyd? If so, for what? He had a great four years although there were some attitude issues. I think he was actually a Barbee recruit...so I repeat; what is it you are putting on Floyd? Julian Washburn and Cedric Lang...the best you can say is, "good players"? C J ..." The Worst ever"? Wilmms...injury prone. Yeah, I agree that's Floyd's fault. He should have known better. Vint...garbage? That's a bit extreme dude. Tevin Caldwell. You are blaming Floyd for allowing a walk-on to play who wasn't D1 quality? I think you'll catch some arguments with that statement. I think the best of all is your classification of Morris and Touchet as "descent". Are they going downhill??? ...or are they " decent"? Hunter and Moore leaving to go pro! If you put that on Floyd, then you need to include Calipari (and others) in your coaches that are jokes. He probably has 3or 4 each year that leave for the NBA. You can blame Floyd for a lot of the misfortunes, but don't blame him for bad weather, ISIS or Trump. As I said, I have finally given up on Floyd and it hurts me to do so. Losing Swiggy was the crushing blow for me.

I guess your definition of great differs from mine. Bo did absolutely nothing in his 4 years at UTEP. When I think of UTEP greats he's not even in the top 100. The last great players to play at UTEP were Fili and Omar Thomas. Bo was an absolute headache that had the maturity and basketball IQ of a middle schooler. He was very inconsistent and was never able to put up good games back to back. Keep drinking on that Floyd Kool-aid.

I guess your definition of great differs from mine. Bo did absolutely nothing in his 4 years at UTEP. When I think of UTEP greats he's not even in the top 100. The last great players to play at UTEP were Fili and Omar Thomas. Bo was an absolute headache that had the maturity and basketball IQ of a middle schooler. He was very inconsistent and was never able to put up good games back to back. Keep drinking on that Floyd Kool-aid.
Hey middle school IQ yourself !!!!!! "descent"??? Now that's Masters Degree worthy. I'll give you some Bo stats,etc later.

So removing Bo, who was signed by Barbee, and replacing him with Crosgile, means that there are 42 Floyd players.

Out of the 42 players listed, only 4 players played a 3rd season at UTEP, with Flaggert, Wilms, Touchet, Omega, Thomas, and Winn still having a chance to play a 3rd.

This means that if these 6 remain at UTEP, then in a best case scenario, 32 out of Floyd's 42 players will have played at UTEP 2 seasons or less.

It is almost impossibly to build team continuity and unity when you have so much constant turnover. Maybe this lack of continuity, lack of unity, and continuous lack of upperclassmen leadership is a contributing factor, which makes it easier for these guys to leave instead of staying, when times get tough?
Need to add Rashanti Harris to the list. One of Floyd's first recruits that never made it here. In the original post, I like the "10 year high school plan" for Anthony January. I actually saw that he is on the list as declaring early for the NBA draft.

Although I do agree that Fili and Omar were great players, I do not think they were the "last great players". I would give the "last great players" nod to Randy Culpepper and Derek Caracter (that played for championship team). Can't forget Vince Hunter either.

Hey middle school IQ yourself !!!!!! "descent"??? Now that's Masters Degree worthy. I'll give you some Bo stats,etc later.

Okay Mr Spelling Bee champ. Your moniker is very fitting "On Tim's Rim".

Here are a few key stat off the top of my head reference Bo Goti:
Number of conference championships: 0
Number of NCAA appearances: 0
Number of times he got in an altercation with an assistant coach on national TV: 1

Last edited:
Although I do agree that Fili and Omar were great players, I do not think they were the "last great players". I would give the "last great players" nod to Randy Culpepper and Derek Caracter (that played for championship team). Can't forget Vince Hunter either.
Randy was very good but not great and Caracter/Hunter were not here long enough to earn that title. I saw a freshman guard by the name of Joe Jackson eat Randy's lunch at the Don back in 2010. A game I still can't get over.

Last edited:
Randy was very good but not great and Caracter/Hunter were not here long enough to earn that title. I saw a freshman guard by the name of Joe Jackson eat Randy's lunch at the Don back in 2010. A game I still can't get over.
Not meaning to get into a back and forth with you, but for you to say that Hunter and Caracter were not here long enough, I need to remind you that Fili and Omar were only here two years (like Vince). Let's agree the players we've mentioned were each great players.

Not meaning to get into a back and forth with you, but for you to say that Hunter and Caracter were not here long enough, I need to remind you that Fili and Omar were only here two years (like Vince). Let's agree the players we've mentioned were each great players.
Good point brother

Reactions: mikesarabia
Here's some Bo stats for you:
1204 career points, 825 career rebounds, 163 career blocks(2nd most in school history), .569 career fg% (2nd in school history), 5th in school history in rebounds, 17th in scoring, twenty double-doubles, 3rd team all-conference, Sun Bowl Tourney MVP, Conf USA player of the week couple of times.

Here's some Bo stats for you:
1204 career points, 825 career rebounds, 163 career blocks(2nd most in school history), .569 career fg% (2nd in school history), 5th in school history in rebounds, 17th in scoring, twenty double-doubles, 3rd team all-conference, Sun Bowl Tourney MVP, Conf USA player of the week couple of times.
Not impressed, he won NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't a big Randy Culpepper fan but he did win conference player of the year and he led the team to the conference regular season title, NCAA Tournament and that upset in Memphis. So i do think that he was little better than ok. Don't forget Julian Stone too, isn't he the conference all time leader in assists?

Reactions: unihorn
Bohannon was pretty good his junior and senior when he wasn't in coach Floyd's doghouse. He played hard and had a nice post game.

It's really hard to blame no championships for Bo solely on him. Ask Kobe and Lebron how easy it is to win without help. I never liked Bo, but he did produce. Great? no chance. Very good? Yes.

As many times as Bo was in the doghouse with Floyd, I find it amazing he came to the defense of Floyd on twitter so quickly and strongly.

While I feel it really is time for Tim to go, and I am tired of having to learn the roster ever single year, I still find it hard to blame everyone leaving on him. 3 knuckleheads gambling...kid changing his mind and wanting to stay at home in Cali...several kids wanting to make money now, not later....kids that break the rules....etc...

While as a whole the departures are disappointing at best, take time to look at what happened to the kids that did transfer. What have they done since leaving? IMHO, Floyd/UTEP is at a place where they need to take HUGE risks to land the exceptional player that other schools don't look at that will launch them over the top. From there, they could easily attract a better quality kids/character/athlete. It hasn't happened.

At this time, I believe we need a change.

Yes we do need a change!! We need to change conferences!!
That might be what UTEP needs to get things going in a positive direction. Moving to a better conference should help recruiting, which in turn improves the team, which may lead to more wins, which will increase attendance, which will bring in more money to the university, which in turn will provide for better facilities, which helps attract better recruits, and the cycle continues. Unfortunately all this is easier said than done.

We can't even compete in this watered down league. MWC teams would destroy us.

My next door neighbor doesn't know a basketball from a paper clip, but she knows how to engage in a meaningful debate on almost any topic. Your evaluation of Bohannon is so worthless and empty you are just being laughed at. Not worthy of any further wasted energy with someone of your mindset. Adios!

That might be what UTEP needs to get things going in a positive direction. Moving to a better conference should help recruiting, which in turn improves the team, which may lead to more wins, which will increase attendance, which will bring in more money to the university, which in turn will provide for better facilities, which helps attract better recruits, and the cycle continues. Unfortunately all this is easier said than done.

That's exactly what I am hoping will save this sinking ship!! I think switching would open up the door for better recruits ! And everything else you said!

Is the only reason we're keeping CTF is because we can't afford to buy out his contract? That's sad. Last year I said we should give him one more year or else. He's had that year now it's time for him to leave.
Thanks a lot Stull for all these contract extensions you gave him for doing nothing....now we are held hostage by Floyd until 2020.

Bo was a good player. He had 20 double double games placing him 5th all time in UTEP history. Well ya he won nothing while he played here, but don't forget he had Floyd as is coach. We have won nothing the past 6 years.

Bo was a decent player. He had some really good games, and he had some really bad games. There were nights where he'd show up and there were games where he'd absolutely disappear. He had games where he was the dominant big on the floor and there were games where he'd be dominated by someone who shouldn't have been able to do so. By no means was he great, but to be fair, by no means did he suck either. I will say I was a bit turned off by his attitude at times. Bo had a chip on his shoulder and didn't seem to realize that he was the one who placed it there to begin with. Like most of us, he was his own worst enemy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT