ADVERTISEMENT

Go Miners

Caldwell is our junk yard dog -- love how that guy plays.

Artis has really heated up the last two games.

Floyd was coaching his ass off.

Winn only played the second half, but was huge.

When was the last time we scored 112?

Saturday should be fun.

Got out of work at 7pm. Usually that would be a no go, but went since I know I won't make it on Saturday. So glad I did. Have an early
wake up tomorrow, so all I'll say is what a game! Go Miners! May something special happen on Saturday.

Marshall has real talent, their players can score from anywhere and their offense sets are as good as any NBA team, however as good as they are on offense they are the poster child for matador defense. Give credit to the Miners they were undersized at almost every position but they really toughed it out. Caldwell snuck in an got two big rebounds on missed free throws in the last min. of the game which won it for us. Miners need to hit the weights, time and again we were just overpowered, overrun and out muscled. Vint was way outclassed by Marshalls inside players. Budda Jones played some in the 1st half and had a nice flush, but to be honest I thought the Marshall center was going to break him in half. Winn sat the entire 1st half, but add some physical play in the 2nd. Wow what a game.

Were you fellas there?

Wish I was in town for this one. Caught it on Miner TV, which didn't cut the end of the game off for the first time all season. This Miner team is much better offensively on the run. Hope TF lets them dictate the pace the rest of the season.

Don't think it was Floyd not holding back, but the Loyola Marymount style defense of Marshall.

Agree that contributed to the high score, but the Miners never ran that stagnant half court offense we've grown accustomed to. They pushed the ball up the court with tempo. Everybody moved when we did run the half court O. And they pulled out some that old Barbee dribble drive offense. Fun game to watch.

At the end of the day, this program is still far from where it should be, this deep into the Floyd regime.

At the end of the day, this program is still far from where it should be, this deep into the Floyd regime.

Really??? Smh!!

I could be wrong but the team has looked a lot better ever since Artis has decided to start attacking! I hope that really continues!

Reactions: kickballpro
Ladies, enjoy all the wins you guys want. I'm glad the men won, about time, but as I have said in other posts, I gave up on the season after losing to a pitiful Texas San team.

Stull is salivating at this win, why? His arena won't be that empty for his 66 celebration.

Ladies, enjoy all the wins you guys want. I'm glad the men won, about time, but as I have said in other posts, I gave up on the season after losing to a pitiful Texas San team.

Stull is salivating at this win, why? His arena won't be that empty for his 66 celebration.

Regardless of where you stand with this team, if you watched the game last night, you have to admit that it was one hell of an entertaining game. I've been as vocal as anyone about letting Floyd go, but bottom line, I am still a Miner fan, and fans like Ws.

Actually the Don will be full or very close to it tomorrow. Check out the ticket link at the UTEP site and you can find less than 150 seats available. I'm glad the men won also but now I want them to string some wins together and win the conference tournament. Really show us something. Exciting win last night and we want/need many more.

Reactions: mikesarabia
The Miner guards were unstoppable on the dribble drive. Marshall never went to a zone though. stayed with man the whole game and we didn't really stop them. We played mostly a 4 guard team the second half. Above all this game was FUN!! Nice to see the team enjoy themselves. Hopefully they gain confidence and finish the season strong.

Reactions: mikesarabia

We ran the 3 man weave for most of the second half like we have all year. It looks good when the 2nd or 3rd guy who catches the ball finds a wide open middle and every kick out ends in a wide open look from three. What we did do was almost abandon trying to get the ball low on the blocks. Winn got a few down low but it wasn't the main focus of the offense. Our offense has never look refined under Floyd it sputters at times but last night it was full metal. I do love Marshall's offense they dribble little and have so much motion it seems like every shot they get is wide open, they move the ball down the sideline so fast, it is a pro style offense. If they could play any defense at all they would be really good, but it seems they use all their energy scoring and stand around on defense. We really are deficient in the forward and center position, Budda and Thomas have to get stronger if they are going to play and we better have 230 to 240 pound power forward playing next year to keep teams from overpowering us inside.

Last edited:
Wish I was in town for this one. Caught it on Miner TV, which didn't cut the end of the game off for the first time all season. This Miner team is much better offensively on the run. Hope TF lets them dictate the pace the rest of the season.
My feed did cut off early. Why do they do that. I had to go to Tune In to get the post game.

Reactions: shyminer81
Agree that contributed to the high score, but the Miners never ran that stagnant half court offense we've grown accustomed to.

Don't know about that they ran the 3 man weave for most of the second half like they have all year. It looks good when the 2nd or 3rd guy who catches the ball finds a wide open middle and every kick out ends in a wide open look from three.

Yes, but even in running that 3 man weave there have been games where it appeared the Miners were just going through the motions. Last night there seemed to be more intention behind the mechanics. The 3 man weave should be a means to an end. I've watched games this year where it appeared that the whole purpose of the 3 man weave was the actual goal. You say that last night it looked good when the 2nd or 3rd man that caught the ball found an open lane to the hoop. Well that's the goal. It should work like that. At times, during games, it has almost looked like it would look during practice as a drill. Again, this was a win that if not built upon, is somewhat meaningless, other than the fun and excitement it generated for the fans, and I would imagine for the actual team as well. Let's see if they take this experience and run with it. That will be the barometer.

My feed did cut off early. Why do they do that. I had to go to Tune In to get the post game.

Well, as far as I can tell, they shut the camera off as soon as the game ends. If your computer is not refreshed, and up to live feed, you will lose the very end of the game. I've lost every other game this year, right at the end. It sucks. They should leave the camera on for just a few minutes after the game ends, just to alleviate the problem for viewers.

I had to check my eyes a couple times when I looked at the score on espn last night. Think I looked some time after the second half started. Thought for sure espn tracker was screwed up.

Listened to the rest on tune in radio. Man, that must have been a fun one to watch in person. Think Teicher said it was the second highest score inn regulation in UTEP history

Reactions: unihorn
I had to check my eyes a couple times when I looked at the score on espn last night. Think I looked some time after the second half started. Thought for sure espn tracker was screwed up.

Listened to the rest on tune in radio. Man, that must have been a fun one to watch in person. Think Teicher said it was the second highest score inn regulation in UTEP history
You don't have Miner TV? Four of us were watching and pounding the table and yelling in disbelief.

Reactions: USAFminersfan
I think the miners will finish 18-14 and 9-9 in conf. And probably win the first game and lose the second. So I have no crazy expectations..Ive accepted this season as a learning curve and adjustment for this team. However they can build on win like this and yes they needed it for confidence. Right now it's all about building a foundation for next year. I hope we retain most of our roster with the exception of maybe Flaggert who should transfer and we can cut one more loose. Then we need a 6-8/6-9 240lb bruised and we might have a chance to be better next year. Barring no exits from key players!

@miner1liner -- I've heard enough horror stories about Miner TV to stay away for the time being. I'm of those people who expect quality service (within reason) if I'm paying for it, regardless of how cheap it might be.

No projections from me....these guys have proved me wrong every time. I just take the win for what it was .....an offensive fiesta! fandango! or whatever the hell that was last night I liked it.

Reactions: allminer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT