ADVERTISEMENT

Hack-A-Miner

OsoFromELP

MI VIP
Sep 11, 2018
El Paso, TX
That's all opponents need to do. Put UTEP at the free throw line, and make them prove they can beat you at the charity stripe. This has been a consistent problem with UTEP basketball for years now. We've lost many close games became of the team's inability to cash in on free throws. Last night's game was winnable, and we should have won.

Also UTEP needs to protect the ball. We're committing way too many damn turnovers.

Yes I know Terry is rebuilding the program, but free throw shooting and protecting the basketball are basic fundamentals of the game that you learn in grade school.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Why? Our opponents have already proven they can beat us without resorting to that so far.

That's all opponents need to do. Put UTEP at the free throw line, and make them prove they can beat you at the charity stripe. This has been a consistent problem with UTEP basketball for years now. We've lost many close games became of the team's inability to cash in on free throws. Last night's game was winnable, and we should have won.

Also UTEP needs to protect the ball. We're committing way too many damn turnovers.

Yes I know Terry is rebuilding the program, but free throw shooting and protecting the basketball are basic fundamentals of the game that you learn in grade school.

I tend to agree with that statement. It’s largely why I posted about individual play rather than team play last night. Don’t want to sound like a broken record and harp on the team challenges that lie ahead, but taking care of the ball, making free throws and developing team chemistry should be priorities. Chemistry didn’t look much better offensively speaking, still very individual, however they played much better team defense than they did weeks ago. So I believe it’s coming along.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT