ADVERTISEMENT

Here's a Name that's interesting for our next HC

Oct 28, 2016
No one wants to talk about coaching changes, especially with Coach Kug being a great guy and working his tail off to right the ship. If things continue south however, it's inevitable that a change will be made..

Heard from a reliable source a name that's intriguing. Tony White at SAN Diego State. El Paso kid, has helped turn SDSt into a winner, knows the area, great recruiter, and from the stats, bring a top 10 Defense background.

No one wants to talk about coaching changes, especially with Coach Kug being a great guy and working his tail off to right the ship. If things continue south however, it's inevitable that a change will be made..

Heard from a reliable source a name that's intriguing. Tony White at SAN Diego State. El Paso kid, has helped turn SDSt into a winner, knows the area, great recruiter, and from the stats, bring a top 10 Defense background.
He is the CB coach at SDSU. Not a coordinator. What connection does he have to EP? Why should he be a HC anywhere?

Reactions: CubsFan81
Went to HS in ELP
Rec Coordinator last couple years
Recruiter of the year multiple times
SDSt Def ranked in top 10 last couple years
Coached some really good players

Young, energetic, EP Native, knows recruiting, has seen first hand the turn around of SDSt.

UTEP probably has the easiest remaining schedule in college football. I think UTEP is going to finish strong and we will have coach Kugler next year. They looked much improved against San Antonio.

Too risky considering he has only been a position coach in college. SDSU's defense is very good but Rocky Long has a lot to do with that. He needs to prove himself as a DC first.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106

Curious first post, Rramjet.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Don't we already have a head coach who was a position coach for most of his career and lacked head coaching experience? Bad sign when your a position coach at the same school for years and not coaching another position or moving up in the ranks.

Too risky considering he has only been a position coach in college. SDSU's defense is very good but Rocky Long has a lot to do with that. He needs to prove himself as a DC first.

I agree with what you're saying. It's a big step up from managing the secondary to running a whole program. I'm sure there will be no shortage of qualified applicants if UTEP does make a coaching change.

Last edited:
Reactions: CubsFan81
Utep should hire all the coaching staff and take all the players from North Dakota St.

Kugler said this morning that his Son Robert will be joining the Program as a Grad Assistant in the Spring. Apparently his Son has already moved to El Paso, so Kugler certainly thinks that he will be coming back next season.

So, since you know, how many Houston fans browse UTEP message boards and how do you know this?
Roughly equal to the amount of different user names as you have had. By using basic reading comprehension one can decipher which team the poster likes.

Herman will go to UT
Paging Mr. Herman, you have a telephone call at the front desk...
image.png

Roughly equal to the amount of different user names as you have had. By using basic reading comprehension one can decipher which team the poster likes.

I have seen zero Houston fans on here. How many have you seen and what are their user names? Why would Houston fans care about UTEP?

I've seen a few posters. I'm not sure what their connection to El Paso and UTEP is. Some have their affliliation to UH on their username.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT