ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops Tip-Off Luncheon

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Giles or Sullivan might walk on.

Really high on the guys that have to sit out this year. Said when they’re practicing with the team, they look like a Mountain West team.

Teich said Efe looks like Big Baby Davis. Terry says he’s lost 20 pounds, but still needs conditioning.

Do you mean Gillis Dekonick or Jakobe Dill? Both are walk-ons; maybe even preferred walk-on ons along with Sullivan.

Not sure haha. Coach didn’t want to show his hand re: walk-ons.

Coach said bring newspaper to the game, insinuating the pups will make mistakes.

Last edited:
Only player there was Paul Thomas — lone senior. They’re trying to push him out of his comfort zone.

Thomas said this staff is much more intense — everyone is working harder.

Terry is also doing “Chalk Talk” dinners with fans. First one is 11/28 before NMSU game.

Reactions: minermx07
Wasn't this lunch $100 per person? If that's correct, I would have been PISSED if the players didn't show up.

What time do the guys start tomorrow? I'll be there either way

Women start at 6, men at 7...

Yeah it would have been nice to see some new faces at the luncheon...it also would have been nice to get a different lunch then a pepper black bean salad with a smattering of chicken and lettuce...(I attribute it to budget restraints but I was sent pissed. My company paid for it) but I'm still pumped for the team. Paul Thomas said difference between this staff and prior was this staff has more energy.

Funniest thing that happened was an announcement that Farmers Insurance is giving away tickets to the final four...Then some scaffolding at the front fell down. It was like we were filming a Geico commercial.

Oh and the lights went out twice...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT