ADVERTISEMENT

I smell a rat. A big KSU football booster(s) and AD rat.

utep2step

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 10, 2001
These bigger program a holes think it's fun political theater when they pawn off an unwanted coach and/or assistant on a lower tier program without cost. They save money and get rid of a hernia that doesn't get worse, but doesn't get better and that's what happened to UTEP. It f'en happens often. Not every year, but often. For pete sake look what happened to UAB. That was a 'bama big booster nut who was hell bent on shutting down UAB and through political manipulation within UAB pulled it off until the outcry was deafening.

Well played Kansas State, well played.

I suppose the lame arse local sports media will be to damned scared to ask "why him?". "Something smells!"

These bigger program a holes think it's fun political theater when they pawn off an unwanted coach and/or assistant on a lower tier program without cost. They save money and get rid of a hernia that doesn't get worse, but doesn't get better and that's what happened to UTEP. It f'en happens often. Not every year, but often. For pete sake look what happened to UAB. That was a 'bama big booster nut who was hell bent on shutting down UAB and through political manipulation within UAB pulled it off until the outcry was deafening.

I suppose the lame arse local sports media will be to damned scared to ask "why him?". "Something smells!"

He’s been at KSU 8 years. If Snyder wanted him gone, he’d be gone.

Reactions: Prospero915
Theres no way Stull made this hire or even had input did he???? ....................did he?

He’s been at KSU 8 years. If Snyder wanted him gone, he’d be gone.
Uni. this hire makes no sense. His numbers are not bad, but KSU isn't moving up. As reported, Snyder was blasting him for his play calling. How in the hell to you pass over Gilbert and Yuni at Okie State? Yeah they would have succeed and booked sooner rather than later, but they would have brought back winning. And if UTEP wanted to go with older experienced coaches why in the hell him?!!

Uni. this hire makes no sense. His numbers are not bad, but KSU isn't moving up. As reported, Snyder was blasting him for his play calling. How in the hell to you pass over Gilbert and Yuni at Okie State? Yeah they would have succeed and booked sooner rather than later, but they would have brought back winning. And if UTEP wanted to go with older experienced coaches why in the hell him?!!

Look, I would have loved a young gun, but it’s clear now that UTEP wants experience (Senter, Dimel). Of course, the second filter is who will actually take the job.

Considering where our program is at as we speak, and the unrealistic and delusional outcries to hire Art Briles, Sumlin, etc... be happy we're not looking at one more year with Kugler. NOBODY, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY is ever happy in El Paso. First, no one wanted another year of Kugler. He quits and DAMN the timing is wrong. Second, we need a new coach and its taking to long. We just hired a coach and its not a huge hire, and he's behind the eight ball. BE HAPPY EL PASO, we got what we wanted. Kugler is gone, we have a new coach. Quit crying and support the team. This post is not directed at anyone particular. If you happen to be below it, DUCK !!!

Maybe they didn't apply for the job.

Not who we thought, but we can't rally condemn the man until or unless he fails here first right? He did well at Wyoming at least.

I realize that but UTEP had a solid verified candidates.

Something is not right. This hiring process stinks. Do you see anyone giving Nord a chance? He recruited very well at UTEP and took UTEP to a bowl.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
Considering where our program is at as we speak, and the unrealistic and delusional outcries to hire Art Briles, Sumlin, etc... be happy we're not looking at one more year with Kugler. NOBODY, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY is ever happy in El Paso. First, no one wanted another year of Kugler. He quits and DAMN the timing is wrong. Second, we need a new coach and its taking to long. We just hired a coach and its not a huge hire, and he's behind the eight ball. BE HAPPY EL PASO, we got what we wanted. Kugler is gone, we have a new coach. Quit crying and support the team. This post is not directed at anyone particular. If you happen to be below it, DUCK !!!

I'm an El Paso critic myself, but to say that nobody is ever happy in El Paso is total BS. Have you ever talked to someone who hasn't lived all their life here? A lot of people like EP, sure it's not San Antonio or New York, but I would take EP over tons ANF tons of cities and towns across the country.

Anybody is better than Kugler, but this is not a "wow" hire. Well, at least in a good way. He previously failed and failed hard at UH and we're expected to be jumping for joy because he took the job?

Reactions: El Paso 777

I don’t think you’re that far off. There’s been plenty of rumors that Dana Dimel has been clashing with Sean Snyder (Bill’s son) this year. Dimel wasn’t expected to return to K-State next season even if he didn’t get a head coaching job.

Bill Snyder has never fired a coach though, as he goes out of his way to find different jobs for guys he doesn’t want at K-State anymore. I expect that was going on with Dimel, but nobody expected him to get a head coaching job.

I really do feel bad for you guys, but it’s one big party on the K-State Rivals board right now.

Last edited:
You caught us. We couldn't wait to get rid of Dana Dimel. You'll be fine as long as you don't get into anything longer than 3rd and 3. If you do, look for the QB to line up in shotgun and try to do a sneak.....from 5 yards deep.....so he has to run 8 yards

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT