ADVERTISEMENT

Initial Pomeroy MBB rankings out

His preseason rankings are just an educated guess:

It’s important to remember at this time exactly how the KenPom algorithm works for preseason ratings. It’s a calculation of “well, what have these players done in the past?” which is heavily weighted on last year’s performance along with “what does a team with this head coach look like?” again weighted heavily for last season. There’s also a certain amount of “juniors improve X% on average going into their senior year, etc.” mixed in there as well.

Once games are being played, it’s mostly this:

Adjusted Efficiency Margin (AdjEM): This is how KenPom determines the overall ranking of teams. The more positive, the better. This takes the offensive efficiency minus the defensive efficiency to determine by how many points a team would outscore the “average” Division I program by.

Reactions: MinerManiac
Once games are being played, it’s mostly this:

Adjusted Efficiency Margin (AdjEM): This is how KenPom determines the overall ranking of teams. The more positive, the better. This takes the offensive efficiency minus the defensive efficiency to determine by how many points a team would outscore the “average” Division I program by.
If we can finish top 5 in CUSA (100-120) I think that will bode well for the program.

I think W. Kentucky will be better than 99 and UAB will upset a big boy or 2. We are really a complete unknown as far as rankings, where we'll finish or how we'll do.

Reactions: unihorn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT