ADVERTISEMENT

Is this a crazy statement?

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
I am confident to say once Omega Harris comes back we will have the best back court in the conference and top 5 in the nation! Am I crazy to say that?
Big 4
D. Artist, O.Harris, L.Moore, E.Morris

Reactions: mikesarabia
Lets see how they do against better competition first. We have played nothing but cupcake teams up to this point. Msybe they will be the best in CUSA, but saying top 5 in the nation is way off.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Having been in several closed scrimmages, as good as Moore and Morris are, Omega was a step above both. They couldn't stop him. Just an observation.

IMO, he is extremely quick, but has not polished his jumper off the dribble. If he becomes close to the shooters Morris, Moore, and Dominic are - he will be dynamite on the floor.

I think you are right !! UTEP is going to have the best guards in conference USA.... And could have some of the best depth as well!! Anyone know anything about our next opponent so Illinois (after tonight's game obviously)?

IMO, he is extremely quick, but has not polished his jumper off the dribble. If he becomes close to the shooters Morris, Moore, and Dominic are - he will be dynamite on the floor.

Totally agree.

I really do see a lot of Tyreke Evans in Artist. A Calipari recruit who knew how to crush an opponents neck when need be and what he did to UTEP during the CUSA tourney at the DHC.

I think you are right !! UTEP is going to have the best guards in conference USA.... And could have some of the best depth as well!! Anyone know anything about our next opponent so Illinois (after tonight's game obviously)?

SIU is almost a mirror image of UTEP. They have very good and seasoned guards. They strugle down low and on the boards. They are undefeated, they have good wins against kent state and SHSU. I think they will be a good test. On a neutral court they will probably be a three point favorite.

I base this off of depth and talent and there's not many teams with better overall depth and talent with those 4. Yes there is alot more to the season to prove it, but I think our guards situation is a an A- right now with our front court a D. So it kinda evens out.

Artis is averaging 9 assists per game and his turnover numbers are extremely low. He looks to be an excellent point guard. Lee Moore creates his own shot and can board (notice how he actually scores on the backdoor play that they ran for Omega last year). Omega, like Lou said, has to get a shot. His quickness is second to none. Morris is playing at a high level. I think this is a top 5 or top 10 backcourt in the country.

Hooper's offensive game actually looks improved. His rebounding has to improve.

I like this team.

I haven't watched enough games this year to conclude where we stack up nationally. I would be shocked, however, if there is a cusa team with as good of backcourt as the Miners'.

Reactions: Epsilon00
This top 5 and top 10 best backcourt in the country talk is getting a bit crazy. Artis, Moore, Morris, or Harris wouldn't even be in the starting lineup at Kentucky, Duke, UNC etc.... The best in CUSA is more realistic.

Totally agree.

I really do see a lot of Tyreke Evans in Artist. A Calipari recruit who knew how to crush an opponents neck when need be and what he did to UTEP during the CUSA tourney at the DHC.

That was Joe Jackson. I don't think Tyreke Evans was on the team when they played us the year we hosted the tournament. I may be wrong though.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
Scratch that.....we don't even have the best back court in CUSA. La Tech does. Hamilton is a stud he just put up 24 points against Ohio State and Boykins put up 16. La Tech looks solid especially after losing their best players and their coach.

Totally agree.

A-r-t-i-s
Totally agree.

Lets see how they do against better competition first. We have played nothing but cupcake teams up to this point. Msybe they will be the best in CUSA, but saying top 5 in the nation is way off.
Really? And what qualifies you to declare that?

SIU is almost a mirror image of UTEP. They have very good and seasoned guards. They strugle down low and on the boards. They are undefeated, they have good wins against kent state and SHSU. I think they will be a good test. On a neutral court they will probably be a three point favorite.

They played SHSU here in Huntsville and came back from 15-20 points down to win by 5. It'll be a good test for the Miners.

lieb

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT