ADVERTISEMENT

Just watched UTEP on CUSA Media Day on ESPN+

You’re deflecting. You don’t have shit. You can’t prove what you said.

I'm not deflecting. Go to ESPN+ and listen to it. If you're not smart enough to do that, then I can't help you.

You're welcome to believe what you want.

Getting back to the original thread topic, I think giving Dimel some credit with what he has done with the team is warranted. No, we are not beating great teams but we did beat bad teams last year which is something that we couldn't do for a long time. I have been very critical of Dimel even last year as we became bowl eligible but the man does deserve credit.

Getting back to the original thread topic, I think giving Dimel some credit with what he has done with the team is warranted. No, we are not beating great teams but we did beat bad teams last year which is something that we couldn't do for a long time. I have been very critical of Dimel even last year as we became bowl eligible but the man does deserve credit.

Agreed

Reactions: picks up
Regardless of Dimel's coaching record, he has done a good job at UTEP; however, Denver provided stats that tell a different story from Dimel's statement. After you peel back the onion a bit, I think that Dimel has used a certain strategy as a coach, even when he wasn't the head coach but to claim that his strategy has been successful throughout his head coaching career is open to interpretation. The majority of his record as a head coach has been during his time at UTEP and he has made tremendous strides with recruitment and retention. Dimel and staff have recruited better and brought in good, young coaches who are affordable. He has also brought in a defensive coordinator who knows how to coach a good defense. Our school simply cannot afford to compete with other schools just yet. It's going to take more than a good football program to boost UTEP finances and I'm thankful it isn't my job to figure that one out.

Last year, UTEP went to a bowl and was extremely competitive against Fresno St. Our defense played solid and sound football and more importantly, the coaching staff was able to keep the starters intact. None of the front seven transferred! In today's college football environment, I would have never thought that players didn't choose to jump to a different school. I'm excited because I think that this team is taking a strong step in the right direction. They finally know that they can win at the D1 level. I predict that our defense will be in the top 20 at season's end. I'm hopeful that our offense can take care of the ball and put points on the board. Coach Dimel did lose a few players to transfer but as a whole, I think that he has the confidence and trust from his team. At least that is what I see from a fan's perspective. Those who know the players may know the true story and will defer to anyone who is willing to share. Until then, I'm dreaming big.

Miner memory: Back when UTEP and Fresno State were in the WAC, they would trade victories in hard fought battles. It was always a great rivalry. I specifically remember the year that Fresno St. came to the Sun Bowl, led by David Carr. Menson Halloway sacks Carr for a safety and the Miners pull off the win. If I remember correctly, MinersWon used to have the video clip with Teischer calling the game.

The majority of Dimel's head coaching career hasn't been at UTEP.

Dimel isn't a good coach. The only reason Dimel has been "good" at UTEP is because he went to a bowl game.

Dimel's record is 42-72. It's not open to interpretation whether he has been successful.

I'm not being negative. I am showing facts. Facts don't care about your feelings.

If UTEP goes bowling I will be satisfied. If they win a bowl game I will be ecstatic!!
Pretty sure denver and NoWins are the same person. Same style and correctness mistakes.

• Haha
Reactions: denverutep
Anyone see the AAC media day done in a Zoom call? I thought AAC was suppose to be all mighty and 2nd best of group of 5? I dont think AAC will get a good TV deal.

Funny how "they" both replied within a minute....ha!
In post #66 of this thread, Post in thread 'Utep Footbal attendance prediction thread' - MinerFanatico and Denver replied within a minute too. Gotta be the same person! Good thing you only run a bar and don’t work for the EPPD!

• Haha
Lol that's once every two weeks. Not all day everyday like some spend on here.
How can you tell that someone spends “all day everyday” on here? You cannot do other things while looking and posting here? You’re able to tell if people are posting on their days off? How much time is “too much” time to spend on MinerDigs?

Dimel does have a losing overall record. But it seems that several schools have picked him to pull their football programs out of the toilet. When you build your career on cleaning up the toilet teams, you're going to get dirty.
His record shows this. The question becomes, does he successfully pull those teams out of the toilet? Let's face it, UTEP was the latest team to need it. Do you think Dimel has pulled us up above the water line? So far the answer is yes. Now it becomes a question of keeping us out of the toilet. I hope so. So far, we're heading in the right direction. Go Miners.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT