ADVERTISEMENT

Life is too short...

Cicileslie

Rookie
Jun 27, 2012
I have been a die hard Miner bb fan since the early 80s. I bleed orange. I don't claim some kind of fanatic supremacy but nor can anybody claim it over me either. We all have our ideas about what would be best for this program but, in the end, all they are is opinions. If you for one minute believe you are more "right" than the guy(s) with whom you disagree, you are fooling yourself. It is becoming all too apparent that the cultural capacity to debate "stuff" is marginal at best. We live in a society that values being "right" over developing an ability to see, or even the willingness to examine, multiple points of view through dialogue and this board is a reflection of that. Shakespeare said it best when he said that there is no such thing as right or wrong and it is only our thinking that makes it such. That concept points to how it's ALL subjective. Everything. I may be an asshole at times, but I have always made it abundantly clear that I am aware that I am expressing my perspective, which is just one of many. I have never bought into the idea that I am "right" and someone else is "wrong". I have agreed with the majority on a given topic at times, and I have agreed with the unpopular idea at times. Stating the latter on this forum has garnered an increasing amount of ridicule over the past year, or year and a half. It's not that I have thin skin, because I actually have pretty thick skin and not much gets to me, but I have realized that its just not fun anymore. If it's not fun, there is no point. If you're reading this and I have ever offended you, I apologize. I can't say never, but it was very very rarely my intent to be malicious in any way. And if I ever was out of line, I can assure you I kicked my own ass for it. Anyway, I am fairly certain that we all want the same thing in regards to UTEP bb and therefore I hope we all get what we want. Cheers fellas. I'm outta here.

Sorry to see you leave Cicileslie. I always enjoyed reading your posts (whether I agreed with them or not). Some people have made this board not fun because they always reply with childish remarks like saying you're gay, etc. instead of actually replying with something of significance.

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT