ADVERTISEMENT

Local player miss

minerdelic

New guy
Mar 29, 2010
Good article in EP Times regarding 6'10" Daniel Amigo, the local Coronado product. A solid 14 point, 7 rebound average for University of Denver, including a 33 point effort against Air Force.

Utep didn't offer. Too slow. When Floyd is listing his various reasons for the fall of Miner basketball, he needs to go ahead and add inability to judge talent.

Reactions: JCorona
To be fair, in his sophomore season last year, Amigo averaged 2 points a game. He has made an incredible amount of improvement this year. Floyd was not the only one who misjudged him. He was not a very good player until this year.

Last edited:
Actually, he was. Compared to the skill set I see with our existing big men, he compared favorably.

Regarding player development, I have heard of that. Maybe we should try that here? Might be crazy, just a thought.

Actually, he was. Compared to the skill set I see with our existing big men, he compared favorably.

Regarding player development, I have heard of that. Maybe we should try that here? Might be crazy, just a thought.

He showed a lot of potential at Coronado.

To be fair, in his sophomore season last year, Amigo averaged 2 points a game. He has made an incredible amount of improvement this year. Floyd was not the only one who misjudged him. He was not a very good player until this year.

If he would have done that here he would of ended up with 'bad character.'

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT