ADVERTISEMENT

Miners Two-Deep

Burgess was the only player in a UTEP uniform that had FBS level speed on offense today and the only positive i took away. He’s seems very legit.
I liked Franklin too. Franklin was a shoe string away from a couple big runs. Burgess was the star of yesterday's turd show though.

Reactions: utep-piggy
Hankins averaged a paltry 3.6 yards per carry last night. If you take away his longest run of 20 yards he averaged only 2.4 yards per carry. He needs to be relegated to UTEPs third string and short yardage back.
They need to stop running him out of the Shotgun. It's ridiculous. Burgess should be the spread/Shotgun back with maybe Franklin sprinkled in.

Hankins averaged a paltry 3.6 yards per carry last night. If you take away his longest run of 20 yards he averaged only 2.4 yards per carry. He needs to be relegated to UTEPs third string and short yardage back.
Hankins is a strong young man and a good RB. He's is over rated though until proven otherwise. Dimel won't make any changes on offense. He's stuck in his own mind. CTF was more flexible than Dimel.

I liked Franklin too. Franklin was a shoe string away from a couple big runs. Burgess was the star of yesterday's turd show though.
I disagree on Franklin. He’s not as explosive as I thought. They threw him that screen early in the game and he had space and didn’t explode for the first down as he should and looked so slow for a FBS RB, every hit he took he winced and was slow to get up, still needs to adjust from JUCO to FBS, maybe he’ll improve but I didn’t see anything there against an FCS level opponent that made me think he could be something.

I disagree on Franklin. He’s not as explosive as I thought. They threw him that screen early in the game and he had space and didn’t explode for the first down as he should and looked so slow for a FBS RB, every hit he took he winced and was slow to get up, still needs to adjust from JUCO to FBS, maybe he’ll improve but I didn’t see anything there against an FCS level opponent that made me think he could be something.
We already have one slow plodding running back who is stronger and more durable than Franklin. We need a home run threat to keep the D honest. I think Burgess needs to be that change of pace back behind Hankins that can explode for big gains.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT