ADVERTISEMENT

Miners v Aggies Game Thread

Damn undisciplined Miners! Get a nice stop, then commit the damn penalty!
And in the end it cost them a touchdown.

Not only do the Miners have too many penalties, but they also always come at the worst possible time. There was a very similar drive-extending penalty against UNLV that resulted in a touchdown instead of a chance to tie.

• Angry
Reactions: MinerManiac
Well that was a nice substitution for NMSU by the refs. I did not see UTEP sub that many on offense or did they?

Okay, one of you smart people explain something to me.

At the end of the quarter, the ref just stood behind the snapper to prevent the Miners from running a play to allow NMSU to "make substitutions."

Earlier in the quarter, NMSU ran a play REALLY REALLY fast, as in the camera didn't even have time to move back to the play before the ball was snapped, and the Miners were called for "12 men on the field" because they didn't have time to make a substitution.

Why wasn't the ref standing behind NMSU's snapper to prevent NMSU from snapping the ball so that UTEP could have enough time to make a substitution?

Reactions: Rot and shyminer81

At the end of the quarter, the ref just stood behind the snapper to prevent the Miners from running a play to allow NMSU to "make substitutions."

Earlier in the quarter, NMSU ran a play REALLY REALLY fast, as in the camera didn't even have time to move back to the play before the ball was snapped, and the Miners were called for "12 men on the field" because they didn't have time to make a substitution.

Why wasn't the ref standing behind NMSU's snapper to prevent NMSU from snapping the ball so that UTEP could have enough time to make a substitution?
I'm going to assume it's similar to the NFL. Utep must have made a substitution, which allows NMSU to then counter.

You only get the opportunity to match up on defense if the offense makes a sub. If the offense doesn't sub, the ref doesn't stop the snap.

I believe since the Miners made a substitution, that allows the Aggies to substitute.

You have to allow D subs when offense subs players. The stupid ref allowed more NMSU subs as compared to UTEP’s offensive subs. The UTEP 12 men was a UTEP player jogging off instead of running off to avoid penalty.

Coming back to say too many stupid penalties. I hope that drive will be the last of boneheaded plays and it can remain relatively free of it from here on out.

Reactions: Dmanminer

That’s total bs. These refs appear to be favoring the aggies.

Reactions: mikesarabia
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT