ADVERTISEMENT

Miners WIN

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
giphy.gif

I like this times 2 or is this politically incorrect. yes I admit it I love boo***s.

Last edited:
Reactions: unihorn
Replay of the winning shot

I'll be honest. Happy for the streak being over but FIU may have a beef. if you look closely the Clock did not start when the ball was first touched. That was a 2 second play. Lol

Reactions: unihorn
Amazing these two games ended the way they did. 5OT between FIU and UTEP tonight with two buzzer beaters changing the outcomes.

Tough loss for the Lady Miners. Nice win for the men. We know where we're at, but a win has got to feel good nevertheless for the guys. And its honestly one more win than I expected the rest of the year.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Glad the streak is over. Thought Artis played all around good ball. PT looked good on the offensive end and had a couple rebounds on the defensive end where he went up and brought it down with authority. Jones had his best game as a Miner, I thought, with that hook sorta coming around, also grabbing some decent boards. Thanks to Touchet for actually hitting the freebies that no one else seems to be able to do. Props to Omega for his 3rd 20+ point game in a row.

Aside from the enjoyment of actually being in this game the whole way, that ending made it fun to watch. The way they swarmed Artis, it looked like they won the CUSA ship and got into the tourney. I don't blame em, nor knock em, though. Shows they still give a damn...even when most of us have called it a season already.

Replay of the winning shot

I'll be honest. Happy for the streak being over but FIU may have a beef. if you look closely the Clock did not start when the ball was first touched. That was a 2 second play. Lol

I gotta disagree. The time between DA releasing the ball and the buzzer going off is longer than the time it takes the clock to start after the initial touch on the inbounds play. I just watched it about 5-6 times. True, the clock doesn't start immediately, but damn near it. Also Artis released the ball well before the shot clock went off. The ball is a couple feet from the rim on a high arching shot when the buzzer goes off. FIU should have no beef...especially on the road. That shit happens all the time. Home court time keeping...even though we didn't really need it.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
I'm more amazed at the attendance. Figured there would be less than 1500 at the game.

Guess BS still has that to hold on to...

I do have to admit it was a very calm bunch of fans at the game. When I was a student in the 90s a double overtime game would have had the crowd on its feet.

Last edited:
I do have to admit it was a very calm bunch of fans at the game. When I was a student I'm the 90s a double overtime game would have had the crowd on its feet.

True, but games like this actually meant something back then (or most every other season for that matter). There's just not going to be any enthusiasm when your team is the worst in the country and the win essentially means nothing

True, but games like this actually meant something back then (or most every other season for that matter). There's just not going to be any enthusiasm when your team is the worst in the country and the win essentially means nothing
So you mean to say digging ourselves out of last place and qualifying for the presitigious CUSA tournament is not exciting enough?

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
I remember one year our men's team didn't qualify for WAC tournament. This was a Haskins team and it was hard seeing BYU celebrate their qualifying for WAC on our home floor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT