ADVERTISEMENT

New Sheriff in Town?

groundrounds

MI Regular
Dec 3, 2017
The Mountains of New Mexico
I was up in the canyon cutting firewood today, thinking about the game tonight and remembering something in that horrible politics thread. The troll is gone again. In fact this forum has been tolerable for many months. In the recent past, the troll returns, pulls the same crap and disappears (banned?).
Then it all made sense and the secret identity of the sheriff became clear. I could be wrong but I'll bet every poster a nickel I know who it is. I'm not gonna give up the game, though, if he wants to remain masked.
But, thanks sheriff!! Great work and thanks for making the town a safer place!!

I was up in the canyon cutting firewood today, thinking about the game tonight and remembering something in that horrible politics thread. The troll is gone again. In fact this forum has been tolerable for many months. In the recent past, the troll returns, pulls the same crap and disappears (banned?).
Then it all made sense and the secret identity of the sheriff became clear. I could be wrong but I'll bet every poster a nickel I know who it is. I'm not gonna give up the game, though, if he wants to remain masked.
But, thanks sheriff!! Great work and thanks for making the town a safer place!!
Hmm interesting. Its also funny how the two appear and disappear at the same time. They are adamant that they are not the same person. Is there a time frame on bans?

Hmm interesting. Its also funny how the two appear and disappear at the same time. They are adamant that they are not the same person. Is there a time frame on bans?

Perhaps, as rare as it occurs, the “sheriff” kills two birds with one stone. When he gets rid of one he must be of the opinion that he might as well get rid of the other.

It is quite interesting how they both come and go at the same time, though.

We’ve seen a Twitter pic of chihuahua, EPSportsFan, John100 (among his many other names) and jcorona says he’s seen a pic of SportsTalkCarlos, Epsilon, HoneyBoy (among his many other names) and it appears they are not the same person. I don’t know. I think it’s two different peops.

Last edited:
Also "under the hood" is the IP address of each member. So admins know if a member has multiple personalities. There is a common admin app that points them out also.
But if a member uses several computers they can fool the app.

Also "under the hood" is the IP address of each member. So admins know if a member has multiple personalities. There is a common admin app that points them out also.
But if a member uses several computers they can fool the app.

He would really have to be like Unihorn dubs him, “Sybil”, for it to be the same person. As annoying as both are, they are distinctly different personalities.

Last edited:
Reactions: topminer
Perhaps, as rare as it occurs, the “sheriff” kills two birds with one stone. When he gets rid of one he must be of the opinion that he might as well get rid of the other.

We’ve seen a Twitter pic of chihuahua, EPSportsFan, John100 (among his many other names) and jcorona says he’s seen a pic of SportsTalkCarlos, Epsilon, HoneyBoy (among his many other names) and it appears they are not the same person. I don’t know. I think it’s two different peops.
Yes you’re correct they are two different people.

But their sentence structure and vocabulary are the same. And they always show up in pairs and get banned in pairs. Even before the Music222 days. I can't even remember all the names before that.
But a Sybil is probably right, even if its make believe.
One of them is named Robert and he bugs the shit out of Senter on Twitter. The other one is Carlos and he once sent a tweet to Johnson (I believe) telling him to quit after we lost to some no name team.

Maybe that's the case. I've always been convinced they were the same person but didn't have any proof. I guess you guys have done the research.

Maybe that's the case. I've always been convinced they were the same person but didn't have any proof. I guess you guys have done the research.
If you were around the espn comment section around 2008-2010 Memphis had this one crazy fan. He literally had eight or ten different screen names and would have conversations with himself. Strange fellow.

Reactions: groundrounds
Sorry guys, no disrespect intended, but threads like this one fuels these guys, and they love the attention. These guys have no life, and have been picked on their entire life, and a keyboard and a computer screen makes them feel powerful. If everyone would ignore them , they will go away because talking to yourself gets boring really fast.

Sorry guys, no disrespect intended, but threads like this one fuels these guys, and they love the attention. These guys have no life, and have been picked on their entire life, and a keyboard and a computer screen makes them feel powerful. If everyone would ignore them , they will go away because talking to yourself gets boring really fast.

No disrespect taken. These guys will always pop back up, though. I actually have them on ignore 95% of the time. On rare occasion I just feel the urge to engage. I will say they don’t seem to get too bored talking amongst themselves, though.

Carlos got shut down last time around. He is a jaded closet UTEP fan that got exposed. He even admitted to buying season tickets. He twists his words up so me much that he is easy to flip around and shut up. He just goes to the next thread and spews the same crap again and pretends like nothing happened. They are both easy to spot now. They will both be on ignore indefinitely from now on.

Carlos got shut down last time around. He is a jaded closet UTEP fan that got exposed. He even admitted to buying season tickets. He twists his words up so me much that he is easy to flip around and shut up. He just goes to the next thread and spews the same crap again and pretends like nothing happened. They are both easy to spot now. They will both be on ignore indefinitely from now on.

and the other is "Bob", who gets all defensive when he realizes you know part of his name...

What I don't get is ...if the sheriff can identify him or them by the IP address or other means why not ban them from the get go or at least soon after it becomes obvious that they're back again. It always lingers too long.

Carlos got shut down last time around. He is a jaded closet UTEP fan that got exposed. He even admitted to buying season tickets.
He got exposed as a UTEP fan on a UTEP board? And he admitted to buying season tickets for UTEP games? The horror! No wonder he was banned.

Reactions: Rocketsr
He got exposed as a UTEP fan on a UTEP board? And he admitted to buying season tickets for UTEP games? The horror! No wonder he was banned.
I see what you did there you smart cookie. You obviously have had him on ignore, otherwise you might understand the premise. But you and everyone else are right. I will ignore him too.

Last edited:
Ya know, as the OP of this thread, I think it's time to let this topic go.
Now that I've thought about it, it's actually been about a couple of years that this forum has been actively moderated. We should be thankful that somebody is paying attention now.
So let's leave the dark side behind us and get ready to hit that ignore button when the trolls return. mtfbwy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT