ADVERTISEMENT

No Spring Game?

EPUTEP

MI Regular
Feb 22, 2023
Schedule: Every Monday (9:15 a.m.-11:15 a.m.), Wednesday and Friday (9 a.m. to 11 a.m.). No practice during spring break (March 13-17) and the final practice is Thursday, April 6. There will be no spring game or promoted last practice showcase.

Schedule: Every Monday (9:15 a.m.-11:15 a.m.), Wednesday and Friday (9 a.m. to 11 a.m.). No practice during spring break (March 13-17) and the final practice is Thursday, April 6. There will be no spring game or promoted last practice showcase.

He said it on SportsTalk as well. In his Post Signing Day Press Conference, he gave a date for the Spring Game and now there isn’t one. Wonder what the reasoning is

Reactions: EPUTEP
He said it on SportsTalk as well. In his Post Signing Day Press Conference, he gave a date for the Spring Game and now there isn’t one. Wonder what the reasoning is

My guess is it's a financial burden for them. They have to hire employees, etc. The people going to the Spring Game are the same people that buys the tickets, so there just isn't any incentive to have a game.

Just another example of apathy towards Utep.
Admittedly, I don't follow the Miners as much as most here, but I cannot think of a time when the apathy level was so high. Hopefully, in the near future, the powers that be decide to support the program and make the needed changes.

Reactions: EPUTEP
I was looking at the spring roster. Noticed the large junior class, UTEP has 40 juniors. Ezell Jolly I guess will join in the summer? Seth Mouser and AJ Martin only freshman on the spring roster. 5 RBs on the roster four of them are juniors .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT