ADVERTISEMENT

Opening line for UTEP @ UNT FB ...

Minerinciter

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 20, 2001
UNT - 4, according to vegasinsider.com. The line is down to UNT - 3.
Game time: 1:30 p.m. MT/ 2:30 p.m. CT
TV: Fox Sports Network
- Fox Sports Arizona+
- Fox Sports Detroit+
- Fox Sports Florida
- Fox Sports Midwest
- Fox Sports North
- Fox Sports Ohio
- Fox Sports Southeast
- Fox Sports West
- Fox Sports Wisconsin
- MASN 2
Travel Day Forecast Friday:
49°/ 36° Periods of rain
Game Day Forecast Saturday:
45° Periods of rain, 80% chance of rain

We are coming off an emotionally draining game. Even Kugler was emotional after the game. I dont know if they will be able to get up to play UNT. It will be UNT senior day and the last game for all the assistant coaches. UNT will play an inspired game i dont know if we will match their emotion. I will be making the trip for the game. Its going to be wet and cold if there are more than 1000 people there I will be shocked. This is my least favorite time of the year. After Saturday it will be 278 day until the game.

Kugler will want to end the season with a win and he will have the team ready to play. We will have an advantage if it's cold and wet with Kuglers power run game

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
DFW and area is important recruiting grounds as well and I am sure prospects from the region will be watching also. Kugler won't let the team lay and egg, not in this teams DNA or Kugler's.

Who is our QB of the future--Kavika or Metz? Lefty has had too many concussions and will prob be done. So with that said, I believe Kavika is the answer and if Kugs wants to ride Metz then he needs to redshirt Kavika next season as both Metz and Kavika are freshmen.

To me its about what kind of offense they want to run. Metz is a prototypical pro style qb. Kavika is more of a spread read option guy. I think Kavika is the guy going forward. I think we will move to a prostyle spread hybrid. On Saturday with Kavika unde center we were running a run centered spread offense. It looked very much like Dan Mullens offense at Mississippi State. I think we are moving toward a mississippi state spread. We wont go uptempto but you are going to a see a run based spread very similar to Mississippi state's.

I don't see why you guys are so in love with Kavika. He hasn't impressed me at all. Not that Metz has, but geez....how many team have long term success using that crap offense? NONE! Notice we came back with METZ behind center?

I don't see why you guys are so in love with Kavika. He hasn't impressed me at all. Not that Metz has, but geez....how many team have long term success using that crap offense? NONE! Notice we came back with METZ behind center?

He's a true freshman. He's only been in the program for three months. He hasnt even had a spring practice yet. He has a very high ceiling. He led us to most of our points on saturday. He had the only drive that scored a touchdown. He threw a dart batson for a touchdown. He also engineered the drive that led to the field goal early in the fourth. He led us to ten points. We only scored three poins on Metz's drives.

He's a true freshman. He's only been in the program for three months. He hasnt even had a spring practice yet. He has a very high ceiling. He led us to most of our points on saturday. He had the only drive that scored a touchdown. He threw a dart batson for a touchdown. He also engineered the drive that led to the field goal early in the fourth. He led us to ten points. We only scored three poins on Metz's drives.

I agree with this- I really like Kavika and think he is better than Metz.

To me its about what kind of offense they want to run. Metz is a prototypical pro style qb. Kavika is more of a spread read option guy. I think Kavika is the guy going forward. I think we will move to a prostyle spread hybrid. On Saturday with Kavika unde center we were running a run centered spread offense. It looked very much like Dan Mullens offense at Mississippi State. I think we are moving toward a mississippi state spread. We wont go uptempto but you are going to a see a run based spread very similar to Mississippi state's.

Wait, whose spread offense will UTEP's be similar to?

I kid.

Totally disagree with Tortuga. I'm a big Metz fan but Kavika was the man Saturday. And coach said the reason Metz was in there at the end was his arm. (I just wish Metz wasn't another one of those athletes that are all over thanking God when they succeed and win. Then when they fail and lose...nothing. Was God AGAINST the other quarterback when you win?)

(I just wish Metz wasn't another one of those athletes that are all over thanking God when they succeed and win. Then when they fail and lose...nothing. Was God AGAINST the other quarterback when you win?)

I hate in general when people say things like "God saved my husband's life" when doctors did all the work.

Vegas, I have always cheered for the "other" QB at UTEP when we aren't winning. I guess it's my cheer for the underdog way of thinking. I don't, haven't, won't ever, like a QB who runs a lot. Running out of necessity is different than just running. While Johnson "may" be the overall better player, I will not be happy with him under center knowing he's liable to take off running on a designed play every play. I want a pass happy QB. period.

As for Metz thanking God, who are we to knock someone's beliefs? Honestly, it DOES annoy the crap out of me when any athlete does that, but they are thankful to God for their abilities and want the world to know it....
It is what it is....

On to hoops....

Tortuga, I know what you're saying but unless we run a Mike Price type offense, we may be better with a dual threat quarterback running Kug's. I can't tell you how many times our back was broken when an opposing quarterback ran for a first down or more on third and long against us!
And as for knocking someone's religious beliefs: if someone insists on standing on their soapbox and regaling the world with their dogma, it's incumbent on the world to push back. It's dangerous to allow people to push their religion on the rest of us don't you agree?

Bet anyone on here none of those two start next year, it will be Lefty or a new transfer starting. With Kavika either playing the wild Miner or redshirting

And as for knocking someone's religious beliefs: if someone insists on standing on their soapbox and regaling the world with their dogma, it's incumbent on the world to push back. It's dangerous to allow people to push their religion on the rest of us don't you agree?

100% agree....

Updated forecast via weather.com:
Travel Day Friday: 53° Rain, chance of rain 100%. One to two inches expected.
Game Day Saturday: 40° Periods of rain, chance of rain 100%. 1 - 2 inches of rain expected. Dress warm, find the rain gear.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT