ADVERTISEMENT

OPT: UTEP @ La Tech

20-Zach-Zimos.jpg
Your player (thug) of the game ZAC ZIMOS.

Transferred from Arkansas after last season.

Reactions: utep2step
Yeah if they didn’t knock out our QB we win. Great effort, not even mad! I say we beat M. Tennessee and Kennesaw and have a chance to beat NMSU and I’ll take 4-8 in Walden’s 1st year honestly.
Bro that’s definitely not happening. I doubt Skyler plays which means Scotty is going to run every single play but 2. I don’t think we can even beat kennesaw or win any games u less the defense holds teams scoreless or scores the points themselves

Walden calls plays like how I play Madden. Run works, run it 3x in a row. Screen pass. Inside zone. Quick slant. Deep try. Rinse. Throw in stupid trick play. Repeat. Works on Madden not so much in real life.
Na, your play calling is already 100x better

I like Walden’s energy but holy hell his offense is Dana Dimel bad. He just starts spamming plays, screen, screen, screen, QB run, QB run, QB run.

He’s saying “we need to sustain drives.” How can you when you’re calling the same 2 sh*t plays all game?
Actually, as bad as it was, Dimel's offense was significantly better than Walden's

We lost because:
1. Walden IS NOT a offensive guru.
2. Has no clue how to call a game.
3. He did not have a plan if Skylar got hurt.
4. Defense backs are not D1 players.
5. Kickers- both- suck.
6. O line do not have the ability to pass block. Or block for kickers.
7. Screens can’t work if players refuse to block.
8. We are UTEP.

We lost because:
1. Walden IS NOT a offensive guru.
2. Has no clue how to call a game.
3. He did not have a plan if Skylar got hurt.
4. Defense backs are not D1 players.
5. Kickers- both- suck.
6. O line do not have the ability to pass block. Or block for kickers.
7. Screens can’t work if players refuse to block.
8. We are UTEP.
8 is the most important part.

The players change
The coaches change
The conferences change
The results don’t

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
I just remember the first two seasons it was those QB dives with Locksley. Dimel just ran that poor guy into the ground.
That was classic Dimel offense. He captured lightning in a bottle running it with Freeman at KSU but Freeman had a great arm as well that stymied opponents. After that, he never would strike gold again.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT