ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Biggest NFL draft busts

topminer

All Star
Sep 5, 2003
Some interesting (odd, highly debatable) choices. I don't think injuries should have been considered (Vince Young and Tim Tebow) in comparison to other even bigger, self-induced busts (Ryan Leaf). All lists will have biases, but I'm not sure I see a rhyme or reason to this list...

http://definition.org/biggest-nfl-draft-busts/

Last edited:
Strange list indeed. Brady Quinn #1 over Jamarcus Russell? Plus there was a 2and rounder on the list.

Reactions: utep2step
Alas, click bait in its highest form...but when there is nothing else to do during these Pandemic Days...

Yeah, this list is a little off in my opinion. Brady Quinn at number one is a little iffy to me. Quinn was awful but Tim Couch was a number 1 pick and Manziel has all kinds of hype. The consensus seems to be that Russel, Leaf and Mandarich are kind of the 3 biggest busts. But there are so many guys you can add to the list: Kijana Carter, Trent Richardson, Charles Rogers, Bosworth, David Carr, Vernon Gholston and what about Robert Aguayo or Maurice Clarette?

Reactions: topminer
Yeah, this list is a little off in my opinion. Brady Quinn at number one is a little iffy to me. Quinn was awful but Tim Couch was a number 1 pick and Manziel has all kinds of hype. The consensus seems to be that Russel, Leaf and Mandarich are kind of the 3 biggest busts. But there are so many guys you can add to the list: Kijana Carter, Trent Richardson, Charles Rogers, Bosworth, David Carr, Vernon Gholston and what about Robert Aguayo or Maurice Clarette?

I wouldnt put Clarette or Aguayo on the list because they weren't first rounders. There are too many 1st rounders who are busts to choose from before you reach into 2nd and even 3rd round like Clarette

Mandarich actually had some pretty decent seasons. Like Leaf, RX drug addiction was his downfall. He was pretty open about steroid use too in his ESPN story.

I wouldnt put Clarette or Aguayo on the list because they weren't first rounders. There are too many 1st rounders who are busts to choose from before you reach into 2nd and even 3rd round like Clarette

Fair enough but Aguayo was a second round pick which is unheard of for kickers and he didn’t lay 2 seasons in Tampa. That was definitely a blown pick. Clarrett didn’t even play a down in the NFL. Those might not have been 1st rounders but they were definitely reaches.

Reactions: kickballpro
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT