ADVERTISEMENT

OT: College Basketball News 2022- '23🏀⛹️

A big chunk of our NIL should be offered to Aimaq. P5 teams may be shy after his injury.

San Francisco has some very good wins. They have a very good AT Large resume

Texas Tech can go fly a kite.

But I gotta admit, this is a clever, good and clean sportsmanship tweet to start the day:

Does FAU have great NIL deals? How did they get so good? Disappointing that we still aren't winning.
FIFY. I agree, it's been largely a disappointing season so far. However, I do think this team can win. I think, contrary to others on here, that FT shooting CAN improve as the season progresses. Turnovers are completely within the control of the guys on the court...to an extent. This team will never be a good 3 point shooting team, but....but, when they play that mid range and inside game, shooting isn't bad at all.

I don't think we're all that far off from FAU. I watched them beat UAB last night, but we made life almost as difficult for the Blazers as the Owls did. And we did it at Bartow Arena, where UAB is tough to beat.

With all that said, I think it could go downward with this team, too.

FIFY. I agree, it's been largely a disappointing season so far. However, I do think this team can win. I think, contrary to others on here, that FT shooting CAN improve as the season progresses. Turnovers are completely within the control of the guys on the court...to an extent. This team will never be a good 3 point shooting team, but....but, when they play that mid range and inside game, shooting isn't bad at all.

I don't think we're all that far off from FAU. I watched them beat UAB last night, but we made life almost as difficult for the Blazers as the Owls did. And we did it at Bartow Arena, where UAB is tough to beat.

With all that said, I think it could go downward with this team, too.
I agree. You have to think percentage wise, we can't get much worse shooting free throws. Right now, they are shooting at middle school numbers. Specifically, I think Hardy can be better, but to me, guys like Solomon and McKinney won't likely be too much better than they are. If they could somehow begin approaching 70%, that would be a major improvement. Kalu and Onyema need a ton of off season work just to become average.

On the turnovers, Givance needs to be better. You just can't have 8 turnovers like he did against UAB and Kent St. Solomon and Hardy have been too loose with the ball as well. Like you mentioned, this is an area that can be improved on, and was actually ok in the early part of the season.

Looking at the conference, it's definitely going to be a grind. You have FAU, UAB, and UNT who are at the top, but they are all beatable by nearly every other team in conference. For UTEP, they have shown they can hang with the better teams, but there is just no room for error due to their shooting struggles. Obviously, the give aways to UAB and Rice make it really tough, but hopefully Golding can be a coaching difference from the bench, and is able to squeeze out some wins.

Last edited:
Current CUSA
Fla. Atlantic 15
North Texas 38
UAB 71
Charlotte 86
Middle Tenn. 131
Louisiana Tech 147
Rice 165
Western Ky. 189
UTEP 205
FIU 239
UTSA 309
Average 145

Future CUSA
Sam Houston 39
Liberty 56
Middle Tenn. 131
Louisiana Tech 147
New Mexico St. 150
Kennesaw St. 168
Western Ky. 189
UTEP 205
FIU 239
Jacksonville St. 319
Average 164

Bottom 3 today and in the future version!

Reactions: Minerinciter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT