ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FC Juarez Bravos

Minerinciter

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 20, 2001

The game can be seen on Univision Deportes (Spectrum cable ch. 444 in the 915).

Last edited:
Reactions: JCorona

The game is at 5:30 P.M. MT/ 6:30 P.M. CT on FS2 (English) and FOX Deportes (Spanish). Spectrum cable ch. 401/ 442.

Good thing is there a couple other teams doing worse than them FC Juarez. Heck, Guadalajara is 2nd from the bottom.

It has not been a good week for Mountain Star Sports. Over the last 4 days, our 2 soccer teams have lost by a combined score of 6-0. The Locomotive have only scored 2 goals in their last 7 games and the Bravos have not yet scored a goal this season(granted that’s only 2 games for them).

You don't care about the Plague?
Well, the plague appears to be in Colorado, not Juarez, right? Why should I care if some prairie dogs near the Colorado soccer stadium are carrying the plague?

As for FC Juarez losing games, which was actually the reason I made that post, I just can't bring myself to care about that, either. Maybe if they get relegated I would care for about five seconds, then the moment would pass.

Reactions: minermaniac2023
Well, the plague appears to be in Colorado, not Juarez, right? Why should I care if some prairie dogs near the Colorado soccer stadium are carrying the plague?

As for FC Juarez losing games, which was actually the reason I made that post, I just can't bring myself to care about that, either. Maybe if they get relegated I would care for about five seconds, then the moment would pass.
Yet you cared enough to open an ot thread labeled FC Juarez. Then you cared enough to bless us with a couple of comments. That really shows us you don’t care.

Reactions: MineroFanatico

The game will be on Univision (Spectrum cable ch. 2) and TUDN (Spectrum cable ch. 444) at 3:55 P.M. MT/ 4:55 CT.

So how is it Juarez can get a major league team and El Paso cant?? I thought this area didnt have enough tv sets or something like that???

Yeah and I was reading only 6 teams were eligible to be promoted because a team had to have their financial backing in order to be promoted.

They're allegedly building a new stadium in Juarez and they have strong owners. I dont see relegation in their future.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

But people said el paso cant because not enough TVs. If Juarez is one of biggest cities and you add el paso. Looks like enough TVs to me.
Liga MX operates differently from MLS. The tv market size is not the primary concern for teams south of the border. Each team is responsible for handling their own tv contracts. FC Juarez, even as a part of the Ascenso had a nice deal with espn that provided a lot of coverage and schedule time flexibility.

After buying the Lobos they had to switch over to Televisa and finish off the contract the Lobos had with Televisa. The downside to being on Televisa is that FC Juarez is hidden under the shadows of the Liga MX giants like America, Pumas, Tigres, and others. Expect to see a lot of non prime dates and times for the home Bravos games.

I watched 3 of their 4 games. I totally forgot they played the day the won. I guess I'm bad luck.

Reactions: JCorona
So how is it Juarez can get a major league team and El Paso cant?? I thought this area didnt have enough tv sets or something like that???
How many people in Juarez would actually care about an El Paso MLS team? They have their own team to watch. I don't know that it's realistic to consider the million plus Juarez residents to be in the TV market for an El Paso MLS team.

Juarez is the 6th largest city in Mexico in population. Liga MX wants a market there.

The Mexican League is a relegation league. You can't just put a franchise in it. They have to win their way in. Although, they can buy a champion and move that team to another city which is how Juarez did it.

The Bravos were very close to promotion when they first started. If Liga MX really wanted them that badly they could have instructed the ref to call the games in their favor during the two leg promotion match.

The Mexican League is a relegation league. You can't just put a franchise in it. They have to win their way in. Although, they can buy a champion and move that team to another city which is how Juarez did it.
Indios won promotion to the top league but it didn't last. Why is it so tough for Juarez when it's not so tough for other cities its size?

Indios won promotion to the top league but it didn't last. Why is it so tough for Juarez when it's not so tough for other cities its size?
The Indios had a lot of good players loaned to them. Once the clubs called them back the talent had a big drop off. The previous owners didn’t have the financial backing to buy any top division players.

This new ownership is acting like they are loaded. They freaking bought another team! They spent 30 million on that. They have a transfer value market of 20 million right now. If they can invest another 20-30 million on players that would put them as one of the top 6 spending teams in Liga MX.

All signs point towards a permanent and successful sting for Juarez in the top division this time around.

What took them so long?

Cobras was here and failed. Indios was here and they failed. Liga MX, as is all of Mexico (economy, population, government), is very centrally oriented. Aside from the 2 teams in Monterrey and Santos no other teams in the North have had endurance in the league. Tijuana looks like it will stick around for the long run, so that would be 4 teams in the North. Compare that to Mexico City which has 3 teams and has had 5 in a season (I believe). The teams in the North don't get the national coverage the teams in Mexcio City or Guadalajara get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT