ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Free Orioles Tickets

kickballpro

MI Miner Maniac
Mar 24, 2006
The Baltimore Orioles are concerned about their aging franchise base and future ticket sales. So now they’re offering free tickets to kids 9 and under.

UTEP is in a similar situation. Might be an idea worth trying. I remember the 80’s when you could pick up a family ticket at Good Times Stores and Circle K’s for Diablos games.

UTEP definitely needs to get a younger fan base. Stop focusing on converting soldiers into Miner Fans and try something new.

I'd just like to see the students return to the games. Today people would rather stare at their phones than a live sporting event.

I'd just like to see the students return to the games. Today people would rather stare at their phones than a live sporting event.

I would like to see UTEP put in place some admission standards. This would allow the University to attract more tradtional college students from places outside El Paso. The school needs to improve academics and put place reasonable admission standards. For no other reason this needs to be done to keep up with other UT institutions. Having traditional students from outside would greatly help the schools profile and overall school spirit. Commuter schools always have a tough time creating school spirit and student support. Traditional students also tend to donate more money when they graduate.

Winning solves most of the ills. Kugler kind of alienated the fans base in an indirect way and the last two years were just too much to bear. Dimel appears to have the program fired up and that will eventually attract students back. Students are the first to jump on the bandwagon and first to jump off for mid majors.

Reactions: sthsfutbol
I would like to see UTEP put in place some admission standards. This would allow the University to attract more tradtional college students from places outside El Paso. The school needs to improve academics and put place reasonable admission standards. For no other reason this needs to be done to keep up with other UT institutions. Having traditional students from outside would greatly help the schools profile and overall school spirit. Commuter schools always have a tough time creating school spirit and student support. Traditional students also tend to donate more money when they graduate.

I always laugh when people post on social media that they were accepted to UTEP. Of course you were accepted because the acceptance rate is 100%.

The Chicago White Sox had 974 people in attendance on Monday.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ys-vs-white-sox-game-at-guaranteed-rate-field

Orioles hoping that the 'Kids Cheer Free' campaign builds a future fan base.

https://sports.yahoo.com/baltimore-...dote-baseballs-attendance-woes-142016925.html

I think baseball is in the best shape it's been in forty years. Revenues are rising, global interest is rising. There has been labor peace which has helped. As for the White Sox specifically the problem is Chicago is and always will be a Cubs market.The Sox could win three championships in a row and it would still be a Cubs market. I'm a big Cubs fan I go up there 4 or five times a year for Cubs games. That's a one team market. The cubs have a national following the sox don't. They would better off moving that team to Portland, San Antonio or Montreal. However, that's not likely to happen. They are entrenched on the South Side.

The Orioles generally have good attendance. Camden Yards is a great place to watch a game one of the top five stadiums in baseball. The Orioles have a lot of tradition and a loyal following. They should have fought harder to keep a team out of DC. The emergence of the Nats has hurt the Orioles attendance and market share much more than the anticipated. Overall the though the Orioles are still in decent shape.

Is baseball in trouble?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT