ADVERTISEMENT

OT Mayoral Candidates

Veronica Escobar is his campaign manager 🤮.

I like some of his ideas but, based on who is supporting him I dont trust that he will change anything. His skin color only matters to those making it a positive or negative towards their agenda.

I don't care about his skin color, but it is interesting that El Paso has never had a black mayor.

It suggests he supports the liberal beliefs. I am considering voting for him, put his association with Escobar and Gonzales brings up Red Flags.
Kennedy - with Grossman and what I see as a lack of productivity as sports commissioner does the same,

There is an overlap here of different interest groups because Veronica Carbajal has also endorsed Kennedy. Johnson basically represents the El Paso establishment, both the Escobar Democrats and the woody hunt Republicans, basically the same people who backed Carlos Galinar 4 years ago are backing Johnson this time (with a lot more money). So anyone who is against the establishment is backing Kennedy, which is why you see Grossman and Carbajal backing the same candidate.

The tie that binds is that Carbajal and Kennedy don't believe in community investment and both think the biggest enemies in the city are the families that engage in philanthropy, invest in quality of life and are some of our community's largest private sector employers.

Reactions: Vegas Miner
Another perspective is that they are united by their opposition to those who are the biggest recipients and beneficiaries of local government spending via contracts, tax breaks, and land swaps. Whether you find it wasteful or not depends on whether you think the city gets the benefit of those deals. I happen to not think so so I'll be voting for Kennedy.

Well, if the guys that brought us the Chihuahuas, are redoing Kress, redid the Mills and Center Building, redid the Plaza Hotel, donated tens of millions to the medical school, donate tens of millions to the dental and nursing school, the Fountains at Farah, are UTEP's biggest philanthropists, are the biggest donors to the Miner Collective, brought us professional soccer, brought back the Amigo Airshow and are amongst the biggest givers to charities in town are the bad guys - then I don't want to be with whoever the good guys are.

Well, if the guys that brought us the Chihuahuas, are redoing Kress, redid the Mills and Center Building, redid the Plaza Hotel, donated tens of millions to the medical school, donate tens of millions to the dental and nursing school, the Fountains at Farah, are UTEP's biggest philanthropists, are the biggest donors to the Miner Collective, brought us professional soccer, brought back the Amigo Airshow and are amongst the biggest givers to charities in town are the bad guys - then I don't want to be with whoever the good guys are.
Wow, Miner Mambo, that just makes too much sense. Politics nowadays is more about feelings, egos and dumbshittery.

Are you referring to Paul Foster or Woody Hunt? Asking because I only saw Hunt's name mentioned. Would they be considered the same politically?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT