ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA President Proposes New Football Subdivision with 30k/year Compensation Per Student Athlete.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-propo...in-direct-athlete-compensation-145051537.html

I’m curious to get your guys’ thoughts on this. It seems like this could create an even bigger gap between the haves and the have nots. But I’m also curious to know how this affects the many college athletic departments that lose money year after year.
Not at all "boasting", but I've been essentially predicting this senario since the NIL came into existence, due to necessity. I've been saying that the G5 programs will be to the P5 programs what FCS programs are to FBS programs. How it is going to come about, I have no idea. Maybe somewhat like this guy is proposing. As he said, it's more of a conversation starter than something to be set in stone. I do believe it should be a proactive process rather than a reactionary one when it's too late.

UTEP has 0 chance like many schools to be part of this grand scheme. But if the major conferences want college sports like this then fine, run it as a professional model. But they should ditch the student athletic fees, and the financial support from diverted academic funds. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Due to title IX and the need for parity/equality, only the richest of the richest would be able to afford to compensate all the athletes. Zero chance they would just be able to get away with paying the participants of the revenue sport.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT