ADVERTISEMENT

OT: nice bit of news for El Paso

Thanks for posting this.

I hear people say this is a football town or even a soccer town.

I always thought that El Paso was a baseball town and El Paso has always supported the Diablos and the Chihuahuas.

You have to give a lot of credit to Jim Paul because he is really the innovator in bringing the fan experience to Minor League Baseball.

"Overall El Paso ranks in the top 20 in all of our game-day experience metrics. That gives it the highest game-day score in the study."

The Chihuahuas are really the best. I talked to others and they always say they don't feel like they are in El Paso when they visit Southwest University Park. The Chihuahuas have a tremendous staff and are always improving their product because you can't be lazy.

Imagine if UTEP did half the job that the Chihuahuas did?

Reactions: FarWestTexas
So it felt like they were at a MLB game??

I like Minor League Baseball because you can be up close to the game and see players going up and down and seeing the prospects on their way up.

MLB games are fun, but the Chihuahuas provide a Major League experience at Minor League prices.

But where did those people you talked to feel like they were at during the game since they didn't feel like they were in El Paso when they were at the stadium??

But where did those people you talked to feel like they were at during the game since they didn't feel like they were in El Paso when they were at the stadium??

They felt like they were out of town because of just how nice the ballpark is and how the staff is so great and they rave about the game day experience. It is nothing that they have ever experienced in El Paso,

Even, after 5 years of going to the games, being in Southwest University Park is an experience and it feels like I am out of town.

Thanks for posting this.

I always thought that El Paso was a baseball town and El Paso has always supported the Diablos and the Chihuahuas.

You have to give a lot of credit to Jim Paul because he is really the innovator in bringing the fan experience to Minor League Baseball.

"Overall El Paso ranks in the top 20 in all of our game-day experience metrics. That gives it the highest game-day score in the study."

The Chihuahuas are really the best. I talked to others and they always say they don't feel like they are in El Paso when they visit Southwest University Park. The Chihuahuas have a tremendous staff and are always improving their product because you can't be lazy.

I agree with everything but your last sentence. I can only surmise that you haven’t been to many college football games with your relentless reflex to compare the two.

I agree with everything but your last sentence. I can only surmise that you haven’t been to many college football games with your relentless reflex to compare the two.

I have been to a number of college football games, bowl games, and even a championship games.

All I am saying is UTEP needs to have a better fan experience. The Chihuahuas have been doing it since day one and they do it for 70 games a year.

UTEP has 6 football games a year and yet they have a very poor fan experience.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Thanks for posting this.

LOL WRONG!!!

El Paso is a function town, Chihuahuas baseball is a fun to go to function in town, there are 2K real baseball fans that go watch the game, the over 4 to 6k (depending on the night because the past two seasons only Friday and Saturday games are actually full and have real crowds) go to take selfies, eat and say they went to the game on Facebook. But come playoff time, it was dead town, El Paso is not a sports town, and I'm born and raised here...

Respect your take, but El Paso is not a baseball town, lets be real. The ranking is nice, but its a moot point, It's AAA baseball, playoff attendance (actual asses in the seats) proves no really one cares about it they just go to post on Facebook that they are there during the summer... Quit comparing the Chihuahuas and UTEP, everyone of your screen names does this and it outs you as EP Chihuahuas the skinny legged 30-something autograph dork. People go to UTEP games when they win or they are playing someone sexy, not because of promotions. Period. End. Of. Story.

LOL WRONG!!!

El Paso is a function town, Chihuahuas baseball is a fun to go to function in town, there are 2K real baseball fans that go watch the game, the over 4 to 6k (depending on the night because the past two seasons only Friday and Saturday games are actually full and have real crowds) go to take selfies, eat and say they went to the game on Facebook. But come playoff time, it was dead town, El Paso is not a sports town, and I'm born and raised here...

Respect your take, but El Paso is not a baseball town, lets be real. The ranking is nice, but its a moot point, It's AAA baseball, playoff attendance (actual asses in the seats) proves no really one cares about it they just go to post on Facebook that they are there during the summer... Quit comparing the Chihuahuas and UTEP, everyone of your screen names does this and it outs you as EP Chihuahuas the skinny legged 30-something autograph dork. People go to UTEP games when they win or they are playing someone sexy, not because of promotions. Period. End. Of. Story.

You're 100% wrong because there are more than 2,000 Chihuahuas season ticket holders.

Playoff attendance is low all around Minor League Baseball.

El Paso is a baseball town and has been for many decades. Even when the Diablos played Indy ball they were at the top of their league in attendance.

Apparently you know who I am, but have yet to come up to me and say something to my face. Why don't you? Are you scared?

Call me a dork all you want and call out my hobby all you want, but guess what: I don't care. I love all my hobbies and I am fine with the way I look.

Were you there when UTEP had the Aaron Jones bobblehead promotion last year. This was the first time in years where I saw people lined up before the gates opened.

You're 100% wrong because there are more than 2,000 Chihuahuas season ticket holders.

Playoff attendance is low all around Minor League Baseball.

El Paso is a baseball town and has been for many decades. Even when the Diablos played Indy ball they were at the top of their league in attendance.

Apparently you know who I am, but have yet to come up to me and say something to my face. Why don't you? Are you scared?

Call me a dork all you want and call out my hobby all you want, but guess what: I don't care. I love all my hobbies and I am fine with the way I look.

Were you there when UTEP had the Aaron Jones bobblehead promotion last year. This was the first time in years where I saw people lined up before the gates opened.

Did you attend this year’s playoff games?

It’s funny that all this time we’ve been calling him bob and that’s his actual name.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Come on man its El Paso is Great, he has been to hundreds of college football games throughout
They felt like they were out of town because of just how nice the ballpark is and how the staff is so great and they rave about the game day experience. It is nothing that they have ever experienced in El Paso,

Even, after 5 years of going to the games, being in Southwest University Park is an experience and it feels like I am out of town.

I love the chihuahuas and go to a lot of games and the stadium and experience is nice but I have been to other minor league games as well and its the same exact game day experience at other minor league places.... first 3,000 fans get some cheap give away ,friendly staff(after all minor league organizations are just one giant marketing department so they are friendly and engaging everywhere) mascot doing funny things during the game, fans playing stupid games on the field between innings, fan on jumbo tron answering a team trivia questions etc...
When I'm at the game, me and numerous friends I have taken feel like we are still in El Paso the whole time and know we are at a minor league game in El Paso. It is not even close to being at a MLB game because when you go to a MLB game you are watching the best of the best in baseball, not a few prospects that may or may not make it in MLB and career minor league baseball journey men.
The stadium is bad ass but you know you are in a minor league stadium the second you walk in. I don't think its so amazing to the point to have a out of body experience like you have every time you walk into the stadium.

Quit comparing the Chihuahuas and UTEP, everyone of your screen names does this and it outs you as EP Chihuahuas the skinny legged 30-something autograph dork.

It's creepy that you like looking at my legs. I don't know of any straight guys that look at other guy's legs.

Who cares if I get autographs? Why does it bother you so much?

You already know who I am and know so much about me. Why haven't you shown up before and after the games and said those things to my face? You have had dozens of times to tell me those things, but you're just an immature keyboard warrior who has low self esteem and would never do that.

It's creepy that you like looking at my legs. I don't know of any straight guys that look at other guy's legs.

Who cares if I get autographs? Why does it bother you so much?

You already know who I am and know so much about me. Why haven't you shown up before and after the games and said those things to my face? You have had dozens of times to tell me those things, but you're just an immature keyboard warrior who has low self esteem and would never do that.

Robert you are annoying on here and on twitter. If you hate everything so much then why be on here. I have not seen you post one positive thing about UTEP on here. I think everyone is tired of your ****, you troll.

Robert you are annoying on here and on twitter. If you hate everything so much then why be on here. I have not seen you post one positive thing about UTEP on here. I think everyone is tired of your ****, you troll.

Sadly there isn't many positive things to say about UTEP right now.

I don't hate anything. Not sure where you inferred that I hate something.

Just curious- how am I annoying? Do you have an answer?

I can't answer for Roy-Bigwood but all I know is I would stay totally clear of any dorky looking dude in his 30's that hounds minor league players for autographs all the time. Creepers are crazy and you never know when they might go off.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
I can't answer for Roy-Bigwood but all I know is I would stay totally clear of any dorky looking dude in his 30's that hounds minor league players for autographs all the time. Creepers are crazy and you never know when they might go off.

Getting autographs is creepy? LMAO!!!

Some of you all need some hobbies that you enjoy.

I will keep enjoying my hobbies and enjoying meeting former NFL players and a Super Bowl Champion at the next UTEP football games.

I will keep enjoying my hobbies and enjoying meeting former NFL players and a Super Bowl Champion at the next UTEP football games.
Oh great, not only do I have to worry about you creeping at baseball games, now it carries over to UTEP football games. Dammit
Now I understand why you hate UTEP. Did some of the players turn down your autograph requests because they got freaked out??? And now your mad.

Sadly there isn't many positive things to say about UTEP right now.

I don't hate anything. Not sure where you inferred that I hate something.

Just curious- how am I annoying? Do you have an answer?

You have nothing positive to say and everything you say is negative.

You are like a fly that won't buzz off.

My fellow Americans ... we have strayed OT. Can we get back on topics related to UTEP athletics? Thanks in advance.

Oh great, not only do I have to worry about you creeping at baseball games, now it carries over to UTEP football games. Dammit
Now I understand why you hate UTEP. Did some of the players turn down your autograph requests because they got freaked out??? And now your mad.

What are you worried about exactly?

I obviously don't hate UTEP because that is the University that I graduated from.

I mostly ask the coaches and announcers because those are the people that are former NFL and NBA players. The only college coach to turn me down for an autograph in the 15 years I have been obtaining autographs is Jim Jeffcoat. Most coaches are happy to sign and are happy to be remembered. The players are more than happy to sign if you ask them. I am not sure why you would think the players would be "freaked out" if somebody asks them for an autograph or photo before or after an athletic event.

You should be mad that you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Now I understand why you hate your life. Did somebody from McDonald's turn down your application request because you don't know how to write properly?

Last edited:

I obviously don't hate UTEP because that is the University that I graduated from.

I mostly ask the coaches and announcers because those are the people that are former NFL and NBA players. The only college coach to turn me down for an autograph in the 15 years I have been obtaining autographs is Jim Jeffcoat. Most coaches are happy to sign and are happy to be remembered. The players are more than happy to sign if you ask them. I am not sure why you would think the players would be "freaked out" if somebody asks them for an autograph or photo before or after an athletic event.

You should be mad that you don't know the difference between "you" and "you're".

Now I understand what you hate your life. Did somebody from McDonald's turn down your application request because you don't know how to write properly?

“Now I understand what you hate — your life.”

If you’re going to give grammar lessons, get it right.

Reactions: MineroFanatico

You should be mad that you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Now I understand what you hate your life. Did somebody from McDonald's turn down your application request because you don't know how to write properly?
I don't know what to say here because your comeback attempt ended up making you look like an idiot, so you made it easy on me. But I will give you an A for effort for going back and editing your grammar mistake to make it look like nothing happened. Creep on Buddy!!!

I don't know what to say here because your comeback attempt ended up making you look like an idiot, so you made it easy on me. But I will give you an A for effort for going back and editing your grammar mistake to make it look like nothing happened. Creep on Buddy!!!

Of course you don't have a comeback.

The hundreds of people that asked Aaron Jones for an autograph are creeps!! Nobody can ever ask an athlete or celebrity for an autograph because that is creepy!!

Last edited:
Of course you don't have a comeback.

The hundreds of people that asked Aaron Jones for an autograph are creeps!! Nobody can ever ask an athlete or celebrity for an autograph because that is creepy!!
Don't need one when you correct grammar and say I can't write properly and then you write“ Now I understand what you hate — your life.” You just made yourself look like a total idiot. EPIC FAIL!!! Creep on El Paso Creeper !!!!

Don't need one when you correct grammar and say I can't write properly and then you write“ Now I understand what you hate — your life.” You just made yourself look like a total idiot. EPIC FAIL!!! Creep on El Paso Creeper !!!!

You can keep stating the same things because you are just looking dumber and dumber.

If you want to call out the hundreds of people who asked Aaron Jones for an autograph and the thousands of people who asked Don Haskins over the years for an autograph creepy, then go on right ahead.

You're just an immature and insecure person and you don't have the confidence to go up to somebody and talk to them.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
You can keep stating the same things because you are just looking dumber and dumber.
You just described yourself perfectly. You have stated the same things time after time with your 5 different names you have created on here.

If creeping is your hobby and you like it, then great. I am glade it makes you happy in your life. I am a firm believer that everyone has the right to live the type of life they want.
You obviously fit the profile of someone who was picked on a lot in your life. Dorky looking guy, has been banned from a message board numerous times but keeps coming back(Doesn't have a life) because it makes them feel powerful picking on something (UTEP) when they are down. And that is why you feel like you are in a different place when you are in Southwest University Park, because nobody picks on you in there and lets you escape reality for a few hours.
I am sorry for picking on you and I won't do it anymore from this point forward. I feel bad. I don't have any issues with confidence. When I see the dorky, creepy looking thirty something year old dude hounding players for autographs at the baseball game, I will say whats up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT