ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Texas getting destroyed by TCU

This is interesting to follow, since UTEP plays Texas next year. I guess we should be hoping for as much disaray as possible for the horns program over the next 12 months.

One of the Longhorn players retweeted a Texas A&M fan during half-time, who suggested that they transfer, which brings up the question: Why are Longhorn players tweeting during half-time?

Last edited:
Reactions: Minerforlife
UT boosters are apt to do something rash & stupid enough to bring investigators calling.

UT boosters are apt to do something rash & stupid enough to bring investigators calling.
They won't do anything stupid. They are just going to pony up the $$$$$$$$$$ and buy Strong out, then throw some serious money at an NFL head coach or go get Nick Saban. They are tired of losing. They are going to do what Michigan did last year with Harbaugh. They are going to go big and make it rain money this off season.

Last edited:
Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
Red mccombs is backing Strong, he aint going nowhere. McCombs is their most influential booster.

Red mccombs is backing Strong, he aint going nowhere. McCombs is their most influential booster.
I heard McCombs was butt hurt for not being asked about Strong during the interview process... I was under the impression he didn't support him.

I heard McCombs was butt hurt for not being asked about Strong during the interview process... I was under the impression he didn't support him.
Yeah. Wasn't it McCombs that said that maybe Strong would make a good position coach at UT? Maybe he was right.

40 point blow out loses in the Big 12 will change someones support for someone pretty quickly. So will a worse start since 1956. They still have to play OU, Baylor, Texas Tech. Those games have good chances of being 40 point blow out loses too. That article just seemed McCombs playing damage control for the facts of him not wanting Strong from the beginning. If UT gets blown out by OU, I don't see Strong coaching another game after that.

Last edited:
Hatred for horns runs deap for hardcore minerfans but UT WILL fix their problem because the're UT. UTEP is stuck with stubborn Kugler for a while.

Even if Strong lasts the rest of the season and Texas finishes with a .500 record or below, and Chip Kelly gets canned from the Eagles, Strong will get axed and Kelly will be the new Texas coach. Kelly will turn Texas into national championship contenders very quickly. And it is looking like Kelly won't be coaching in Philly next season.

Reactions: El Paso Chihuahuas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT