ADVERTISEMENT

Peak Dimel

Dimel is a decent recruiter and players coach. Very nice guy. Very experienced (good and bad).

Dimel has failed to get a game changing QB, run a dynamic offense or manage games well. He also lacks a killer attitude/instinct in game planning and with the lead.

Power? They were in CUSA for 10 years and won 2 championships and had 4 bowl appearances.
That’s right, a power in CUSA. UTSA has only been playing football since 2011, which is a fraction of the time UTEP has been playing. In that short time span UTSA won CUSA championships in 2021 and 2022. Their combined record in the last two years was 15-1 in CUSA play and 23-5 overall. Not to mention they were also ranked in the top 25 in both 2021 and 2022. They were the team to beat in CUSA the last two years they were here.

Not only did UTEP crap the bed against UNM, they had a chance to beat CUSA power UTSA at their place. I still don’t understand how the Miners were able to go up by four scores, only to see them make a huge comeback and beat us by a FG. A victory over UTSA would have sent us to a bowl game and would have created excitement for the players and fans. It goes to show this team has talent but can’t win consistently with Dimel at the helm. This year’s team looks good on paper, but we just don’t know how they’ll perform. I hope they prove me wrong and win 8+ games and a get bowl victory.
From what I remember utep stopped running the ball. Brownholtz getting hurt didn't help, but uteps OL was pushing utsa around. Allowed utsa more time to take advantage of uteps weak secondary and hit some quick strikes. So basically, poor coaching. Didn't dimel use all 3 of uteps timeouts in the 3rd?

From what I remember utep stopped running the ball. Brownholtz getting hurt didn't help, but uteps OL was pushing utsa around. Allowed utsa more time to take advantage of uteps weak secondary and hit some quick strikes. So basically, poor coaching. Didn't dimel use all 3 of uteps timeouts in the 3rd?
Our OL and DL played great in the first half and Brownholtz played his best game as a Miner. UTSA made adjustments and started exploiting our secondary with their taller and talented receivers. They had two scores before the first half ended and this was the start of their comeback. After Brownholtz went down the momentum shifted. Dimel and staff did not make the proper adjustments and saw our big lead evaporate.

That’s right, a power in CUSA. UTSA has only been playing football since 2011, which is a fraction of the time UTEP has been playing. In that short time span UTSA won CUSA championships in 2021 and 2022. Their combined record in the last two years was 15-1 in CUSA play and 23-5 overall. Not to mention they were also ranked in the top 25 in both 2021 and 2022. They were the team to beat in CUSA the last two years they were here.

Sorry, being good for 2 years, isn’t a power. Memphis Basketball was a CUSA Power. Kentucky is a basketball power. Gonzaga is a WCC power. Alabama is a college football power. You don’t get a label for being good for 2 years.

They had 2 very good seasons and lost to any good team they played. Like calling FAU a CUSA power because they had 1 good season and sucked every year before that.

Sorry, being good for 2 years, isn’t a power. Memphis Basketball was a CUSA Power. Kentucky is a basketball power. Gonzaga is a WCC power. Alabama is a college football power. You don’t get a label for being good for 2 years.

They had 2 very good seasons and lost to any good team they played. Like calling FAU a CUSA power because they had 1 good season and sucked every year before that.
No one will argue that UTSA has turned the corner and would be considered one of the top mid majors out there. I gave you stats that prove my point. By the way, UTSA was picked to win or finish 2nd in a conference that’s regarded as better than CUSA..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT