ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Houston @ UTEP MBB prediction, game, etc

Absolutely pathetic. There were about 4 or 5k in attendance. It's amazing that we can still even draw that much these days with the crap we watch. We used to pay Sam Houston State to come to EP to lose to us. This is embarrassing. Senter and Golding have worn out their welcome in my eyes. How have we fallen so low?

80168D6BF55BBCC573A2812D1819A3FAB29B6272
Our esteemed school president is an Air Force vet. Here’s how to resolve the problem that is UTEP Athletics.

You could see Golding yelling at someone in the crowd after the game on the broadcast.
Just watched the end of the broadcast on my ESPN app. It doesn’t show when Fool’s Golding exits to the tunnel. However, after he finishes shaking hands with the Sam Houston players and coaches, you can see him shouting at someone in the stands. It’s in the area where former Cappetto’s owner Ed Davis sits. Wouldn’t be surprised if he had some NSFW comments towards Fool’s Golding.

This was an embarrassment! I don’t know if we have a D1 player on this team. Maybe Frazier when he interested. Terrel with a little more experience. For sure Golding and his staff don’t belong here.
Sam Houston is tied for first and they are not a very good team. Shows how poor C USA is, and we are the worse team in the league. Senter is not going to fix it, so will Wilson. I doubt it.
Footnote: Those guys doing Miner talk, are about as clueless as Golding.

This was an embarrassment! I don’t know if we have a D1 player on this team. Maybe Frazier when he interested. Terrel with a little more experience. For sure Golding and his staff don’t belong here.
Sam Houston is tied for first and they are not a very good team. Shows how poor C USA is, and we are the worse team in the league. Senter is not going to fix it, so will Wilson. I doubt it.

Yup. I was going to wait until tomorrow to post about this but this program is an embarrassment.

I liked Bob Stull but his decision to move UTEP to CUSA was the death knell of this once proud program. Every school we used to be equals with has moved up and on. There is really not much hope left that we can rise again. No other conference worth a $hit wants anything to do with UTEP. None. And there are no boosters rich enough that care enough to step up and help. None.

Game over.

So first of all Go Miners!!! I will say that until my dying breath, unfortunately SMH 😏 I love Utep like most of us, but this is bad. We are tied for last in literally one of the worst conferences this year in D1. The winner of CUSA will get a 14th seed at best and that's only of it's La Tech. If not probably 15 or 16. Point is Golding has his team, returned almost everyone and is underachieving. No matter how you slice it, he's doing Awful! I have to think or at least hope the Boosters are in Senter's ear after what will be a Huge Failure this year. I expect him to be back another year, but if this happens 3 years in a row, he has to be removed! Very Sad Miner Basketball fan on a day that should've been celebrated 😢

I thought things were looking bright after we blew out NMSU and then we lost 4 in a row, including back to back at home, things have hit rock bottom and this snowball going downhill is getting faster

Yup. I was going to wait until tomorrow to post about this but this program is an embarrassment.

I liked Bob Stull but his decision to move UTEP to CUSA was the death knell of this once proud program.

Game over.
CG is stinking it up this year but I specifically remember everyone high fiving the move back then.

Just watched the end of the broadcast on my ESPN app. It doesn’t show when Fool’s Golding exits to the tunnel. However, after he finishes shaking hands with the Sam Houston players and coaches, you can see him shouting at someone in the stands. It’s in the area where former Cappetto’s owner Ed Davis sits. Wouldn’t be surprised if he had some NSFW comments towards Fool’s Golding.
Man, what does he expect? Smh

Davis needs to STFU.

Despite being used to the consistent yet gradual decline with this once proud basketball program, I can’t believe where we are. I think Golding is a genuinely good guy that gives 110% towards his job, but it obviously isn’t enough or isn’t a good fit or whatever.

At this point, all anger and frustration should be pointed towards Senter. He is the one in control and calling the shots. JS is going to be like the vessel’s captain that abandons ship just before it sinks for good and lets all the passenger drown.

And Golding needs to handle that better.
Mind you, I don’t know if the exchange was between Golding and Davis. I wasn’t at the game, and I only made an educated guess based. on what I’ve seen in the past, with Davis getting into it with game officials and opposing players. In several cases I’ve seen Davis getting warned by UTEP ushers, or even ejected in some cases. Davis is a long time UTEP supporter, and understandably he’s as much upset as the rest of us about the futility the UTEP basketball program has become. Perhaps there were some things Davis shouldn’t have said, but Golding should also know how to handle the situation. No doubt Golding is just as frustrated with how the program is not progressing. He’s probably feeling the coaching seat getting warmer. Perhaps Golding realizes he wasn’t quite ready to make the D-1 jump just yet.

I always used to Envy Ed Davis and the seats that he had 20 years ago or so. Then he did his employees dirty. Golding is a good dude. He is a better at Coaching than Davis is as business owner and he is a better person than Davis is.

Don’t care what actually happened, but I’m team Golding on whatever happened vs Davis.

I liked Bob Stull but his decision to move UTEP to CUSA was the death knell of this once proud program. Every school we used to be equals with has moved up and on. There is really not much hope left that we can rise again. No other conference worth a $hit wants anything to do with UTEP. None. And there are no boosters rich enough that care enough to step up and help. None.

Game over.
Didn't granny (RIP) sign off on it or did Stull do it without asking?

Hardy is certainly a D1 player. He did have a rough couple of games in this home stand but overall he has been solid on the season.

Left Hardy off, cause I was so pissed off after the last four games. Question his leadership, and saw two many air balls, his free throws are not where they should be.

Left Hardy off, cause I was so pissed off after the last four games. Question his leadership, and saw two many air balls, his free throws are not where they should be.
On Hardy, he got hurt late against MTSU (looked like a dislocated shoulder), so his toughness is definitely not a question. I think him and Frazier have been leaders in their play especially on the defensive end. Those guys have come to play every night even when their shots haven't fallen, which unfortunately has happened too often this season.

Mind you, I don’t know if the exchange was between Golding and Davis. I wasn’t at the game, and I only made an educated guess based. on what I’ve seen in the past, with Davis getting into it with game officials and opposing players. In several cases I’ve seen Davis getting warned by UTEP ushers, or even ejected in some cases. Davis is a long time UTEP supporter, and understandably he’s as much upset as the rest of us about the futility the UTEP basketball program has become. Perhaps there were some things Davis shouldn’t have said, but Golding should also know how to handle the situation. No doubt Golding is just as frustrated with how the program is not progressing. He’s probably feeling the coaching seat getting warmer. Perhaps Golding realizes he wasn’t quite ready to make the D-1 jump just yet.
Agreed but it doesn't matter who the fan is. Golding should not be challenging people to come to the tunnel. You're the leader of the basketball program but doing unprofessional garbage like that? Let the fan be the a-hole.

Reactions: MinerManiac
Probably a fan questioning his defense.
LOL. I'm just guessing, but maybe Golding was telling the fan (likely Davis) to layoff of his buddy Mudge and company. It appeared he was telling him to "shut up". It also looked like Davis nearly got the boot by the refs when UTEP played LAT this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxRdKiller
LOL. I'm just guessing, but maybe Golding was telling the fan (likely Davis) to layoff of his buddy Mudge and company. It appeared he was telling him to "shut up". It also looked like Davis nearly got the boot by the refs when UTEP played LAT this week.
I was at the LaTech game, and yes I did see Davis get warned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT